This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Netflix has been coming out with some amazing TV shows and movies lately that there’s too many to keep up with. Here’s a short list of the show’s films that need to be at the top of your list.

“Roxanne Roxanne”

This Netflix original outlines the life of Roxanne Shante, a rapper from Queens, New York who made a name for herself in the 1980’s during the “Roxanne wars.” The film details all of the important moments in young Roxanne’s life and the lowest points as well. A child who’s thrown into the spotlight living on her own, forced to turn to the streets for support. Roxanne’s story is the story of thousands of women and it’s a story worth telling.

“Seven Seconds” 

15-year old Brenton Butler becomes the victim of a fatal hit and run. When it’s revealed that the driver of the vehicle was a white New Jersey police officer, the entire city becomes divided and the truth about the justice system is revealed. Award-winning actress Regina King gives a powerful performance in this emotional crime drama that tells a story we’ve all heard before.

“On My Block” 

This timeless coming of age tale follows four teens living in a neighborhood riddled with gang violence as they face the trials of adolescence. Monse, Cesar, Ruby, and Jamal consider each other family and nothing is more important than family. This series is the perfect mixture of drama and comedy and it tells a story we can all relate to in one way or another.

“Queer Eye” 

“Queer Eye for the straight guy” is a series focused on improving the lives of straight men who have fallen a little off course. Five gay men work together to completely makeover people’s lives through fashion, hair care, food, social skills, and interior design.  The beautiful relationships these men form are what really make the show a hit. 

-hcxo!

Jada Dukes

Valdosta '18

Jada Dukes is a Senior English-Journalism major at Valdosta State University who was born and raised in Warner Robins. Outside of HerCampus, She's written for the VSU Spectator,  MyGeorgiaHometown Magazine and  SouthGeorgiaToday.com. She's also Editor in Chief for the Student run General Interest magazine, OnTap. Her Hobbies include reading, writing and binge watching TV dramas with a strong female lead. Her largest goal in life is to one day meet Oprah and then become her. 
Her Campus at Valdosta State.