This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

“What time is it? Summertime! It’s our vacation!” With less than 2 weeks left in the semester, my personal favorite time of the year is here S U M M E R ! This has been a hectic school year, and a long break is long overdue. The school year is coming to an end, finals time is almost here, and summer break is right around the corner. Here are my top 4 songs for this summer.

1. Nice For What – Drake

“You really pipin’ up on these. You gotta be nice for what to these. ” – Drake said it best. This summer is all about you. Pipe up and show your ex what he missing out on. 

2. I Do – Cardi B 

“I left a guy on read ’cause I felt like it. No wonder why I do whatever I like I do what I like, I do, I do” – A summer hit. This summer YOU DO WHAT YOU WANT. If you want to travel, than save up and travel. If you want to stay home and binge watch t.v. do that too. This summer is about you and doing what you want to do.

3. Freaky Friday – Lil Dicky ft Chris Brown

“I woke up Chris Breezy, oh my God I’m the man I’m so fly and I can dance”- Although you can’t actually switch bodies with Chris Brown. Who would you want switch bodies with? If you’re spending the summer with your friends, think about switching(acting) like them all day. 

4. Lemon – N.E.R.D. ft Rihanna

“Bouncin’ around, bouncin’ around, bouncin. I pull up with a lemon” – This is the perfect song to use for a caption this summer when you’re wearing yellow and your melanin is glowing.

-hcxo!

Her Campus at Valdosta State.