This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Spring break normally brings one scene to mind: beach trip and day drinking (really, non-stop drinking). For those of us who don’t live in a movie, we get the ever so popular “staycation.” Staying at home is our vacation! While there are those who have absolutely no problem occupying their time at home for a week, there is most definitely a group of people who are terrified at the thought. I am here to remind you that there is nothing wrong with a little bit of down time! Us college students work hard throughout the year and by March, burnout is not uncommon. Spring break is a time for all of us to relax, give our brains a rest, and prepare to power through the last few weeks of classes!

Time to go outside!

Whether it’s the beach, front lawn, or any outdoor area available to you, take this time to sit and enjoy. It may be nice to swing in a hammock, lay out and tan, or toss a football with some friends. These are things we don’t always get to do since leisure seems to be a foreign word to many college students.

Catch up on some reading.

Read some national or local newspapers to be updated on what is happening in the world around you. Go for those blogs you love to read, but never have time for. If there is a book you’ve been meaning to spend time with, do it!

Binge watch.

You can Netflix and chill and really just chill! Watch your favorite show without the guilt of letting the next episode play on. Have a movie marathon. Basically, if you want to watch it, don’t hesitate! Most of the time when we get sucked into an overdose on shows or movies, we pay for it with procrastinating schoolwork. Spring break is just that, a break! So grab a snack and watch your screen for however long you please.

Get organized!

As unpleasant as this one sounds, it is the easiest time to get things that need to be planned out of the way. Make any doctor’s appointments, run any errands you’ve been meaning to take care of, and work on any thing you have been putting off. Fill out applications, perfect your résumé, and write essays you need to have done. It seems random, but being in college always seems to come along with this miscellaneous work that we push to the back burner since it’s not the paper we have due the following day.

No matter where you are going and what your plans are, make the most of your spring break! It only comes once a year, and we all know we could use it!

HCXO!

Alex is an easy going and bubbly person who has a passion for all things creative. She is pursuing a degree in Psychology at Valdosta State University and loving her experiences along the way. Instagram & Twitter: alex_gmann
Her Campus at Valdosta State.