The Societal Impact of Laser Tattoo Removal

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

As I approached my 18th birthday, I remember being excited for more than just cake and ice cream. I was finally coming of age to get what I’ve been waiting for, for a very long time-a tattoo. I have always been infatuated with tattoos and how creative people can get with them. The idea that you can turn your body into art, express feelings and even take out frustrations through getting a tattoo, is something I have always wanted to experience. As planned, not long after my eighteenth birthday, I got my first tattoo.

Although I had been planning to get it for a long time, I didn’t put much thought into what I wanted exactly. Therefore I went out on a whim and got something that even to this day I don’t regret, but what if I do eventually? I feel good about my decision to get my tattoo but even better because I know there are many ways to get it removed if necessary, one of those ways is through laser tattoo removal. Because of laser tattoo removal, individuals are able to remove what they may deem as a “mistake.” As humans we are constantly making mistakes and what may have been seen as creative or maybe just plain fun, may become one of our biggest mistakes as we get older.

I believe that the faults we may make as teenagers/young adults shouldn’t define us as we get older and if there are ways to remove those faults, we should be able to. Laser tattoo removal does not only remove tattoos, but instills in us a sense of hope that although we made a decision without thinking about future consequences, we can be given second chances. Sometimes these second chances can mean going from an entry-level job to one with a higher-level position or removing that badly done job of a tattoo from an artist many years ago. Whether the change is insignificant or one that could increase your lifelong happiness, laser tattoo removal is actually an opportunity I believe society should make use of due to its benefits. we made a decision without thinking about future consequences, we can be given second chances. Sometimes these second chances can mean going from an entry-level job to one with a higher-level position or removing that badly done job of a tattoo from an artist many years ago. Whether the change is insignificant or one that could increase your lifelong happiness, laser tattoo removal is actually an opportunity I believe society should make use of due to its benefits.

For more information about laser tattoo removal, visit www.NewLookHouston.com

Pre-Nursing major at Valdosta State University. Free spirited.
Michaela Leung is the current Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Valdosta State. She is an honors student studying Mass Media and working on a Cross-Training Certificate in Journalism at Valdosta State University with aspirations to be a music journalist and a news anchor. This New York native enjoys fashion, all kinds of music, socializing, making people laugh and standing up for what is right. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter: michaelaskrunk