Skincare Benefits of Using Witch Hazel

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Using witch hazel as a part of my skincare regimen never even crossed my mind until one day I was wandering around YouTube like always, and ran across a skincare routine video that featured this diamond in the rough. What exactly is witch hazel? Witch hazel is a skin healing astrigent. As many of you know, witch hazel has been around since the beginning of time, and it was more so found in your grandparents or great grandparent’s cabinets rather than in yours. Well, I am here to let you know that witch hazel is life. Here are a few reasons to why you should add it into your daily life.

I personally use witch hazel (100% witch hazel) within my skincare regimen. I use it as a toner twice a day, and by using it daily it helps to treat my annoying acne scars which have lightened up tremendously, treats my oily skin which is so much more controlled now, and has also helped shrink the size of my pores by cleaning out those disgusting blackheads. Another benefit that I truly love about witch hazel is how it also works as an acne treatment. Whenever I feel a pesky pimple coming up or I already have one taking over my face, I just soak a cotton round in the witch hazel and sit it on that irritating planet and when I wake up in the morning it is either gone or the size has reduced dramatically.

Witch hazel also helps to reduce those puffy eyes and under eye bags that we as college students are known to possess. The scent is not the best in the basic ones you find in most store, but you’ll learn to ignore it. You can find rose and lemon scented witch hazel online. Look up all the benefits for yourself because these are just a few relating to skincare, but there are plenty more benefits pertaining to the health of your body like hemorrhoid relief, helps heal eczema, psoriasis, skin sores, and much more . Once you try it, you won’t want to use anything else, and PLUS it’s super affordable so why not give it a try. Also, make sure you are using 100% natural witch hazel, and not make the same mistake that I did of using a concentrated version of it. The stronger, the better.

HCXO!

Hillary Griffin is a Business Marketing major and Advertising and Promotions minor at Valdosta State University. She is a 4'11, natural haired girl with a love for all things makeup. Experiencing life the right way is her main goal in life.
Her Campus at Valdosta State.