This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Doesn’t it seem like it was just New Years Day, yesterday? Remember all of those goals you set, the intentions you wrote and the promise you made to live your best life in 2018. 

It’ss April and you’ve been slacking. You just turned in three assignments late, and have been drinking more soda than usual.

What do you do now? Have you failed miserably? Do you give it up?

The answer is NO. Don’t let the idea of “new year” take away from the fact that there is a new day, EVERY day. There’s a new moment, EVERY MOMENT. What separates the winners from the losers is the ability to press on. NO, you won’t get it right every single but that doesn’t mean it’s over. That doesn’t mean you don’t try again. You have to keep going until it becomes a habit, and habits aren’t easy to build. Expecting yourself to execute your goals perfectly, and beating yourself up when you fall short is not the answer.

There is no such thing as failure. Just second, third…or fourth chances. So shout out to April!

Markesia Barron is a senior at Valdosta State University. She majors in Middle Grades Education concentrated in Language Arts and Reading. After graduation, she plans to become a middle school Language Arts teacher in the Metro Atlanta area. Markesia enjoys writing, reading, super-hero movies, and meditating outside. She's a big Beyonce fan and self-care enthusiast.
Her Campus at Valdosta State.