This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

What is a deep conditioner?

A deep conditioner is a product specifically designed to penetrate deeper into our hair strands. It is necessary to utilize a deep conditioner in the processes of rehydration and repairment. Being that hair is mainly made up of two components, moisture and protein, it is not recommended that you skip the deep conditioning step of your maintenance routine! Some hair types have more protein than moisture and vice versa. Here is a quick and easy DIY deep conditioner recipe that may be used for all hair types!

DIY Deep Conditioner Recipe

What you will need:

• 2 tablespoons organic coconut oil.
  • 2 tablespoons of sweet almond oil.
  • 1 tablespoon of castor oil.
  • 2 drops rosemary oil
  • 1/4 cup melted shea butter

Directions:

Step 1: Mix the ingredients in a small pan and heat gently for 1 minute on the stove. You could also mix the ingredients in a microwave safe bowl and heat the mixture for 30 seconds.

Step 2: Leave the mixture aside to cool for 2 minutes.

Step 3: Once the mixture has cooled, massage the mixture on your scalp making sure to get all of your roots.

Step 4: Following the application to your roots, you must massage the mixture from the roots to the tips of your hair.

Step 5: Detangle your hair and separate your hair into 4-6 plaits.

Step 6: Place a shower cap over your hair. Let the mixture sit in your hair for 30 minutes to an hour. To obtain better results, you may sit under a hair dryer during this time.

Step 7: Although this treatment can be left in your hair overnight to obtain better results, you may rinse the mixture out once you feel as if your hair has thuroughly absorbed the benefits. 

Your curls will thank you after throwing this deep conditioner into your maintenance routine!

HCXO

Jamesia Folston is an Early Childhood Education student at Valdosta State University. She is a 23 year old alternative music addict who enjoys traveling, thrifting, and creating. She aspires to become an educator abroad and globetrotter.
Her Campus at Valdosta State.