This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Summer is right around the corner which means Valdosta is about to be a sweat box. Just because it is about to be hot and humid does not mean I am going to put away the makeup. This just means I have to work a little harder to make sure my makeup does not slip and slide around my face. Below I have listed my top 3 makeup primers that will surely keep you slaying no matter how hot and sweaty you get.

ELF Mineral Infused Face Primer

This primer is great for anyone beginning in makeup. It is a silicone textured primer and I love it! It works great for oily skin, but after a few hours, I tend to get a little shiny. But hey, for $6 you can’t beat that. ELF also has other face primers. From glowing primers to tone correcting.

Black Radiance True Complexion Primer

I just learned about this primer a couple months ago, but this has quickly made its way to the top of my must need primer list. This primer works amazingly for oily skin. It is cream based, so you aren’t going to get that silicone feeling you get with the ELF face primer. This primer can also be found in the drugstore for about $4-$5. For that price, you definitely need to go get you some.

Lorac POREfection Mattifying Face Primer

This is one of the only high-end products that I would actually consider repurchasing over and over. This primer kept me matte all day, and it left my makeup looking flawless. I didn’t have to worry about looking oily or even feeling oily. It runs for about $32 at your local ULTA.

Make sure you prime, prime, prime ladies. It’s going to be a hot summer.

HCXO!

Hillary Griffin is a Business Marketing major and Advertising and Promotions minor at Valdosta State University. She is a 4'11, natural haired girl with a love for all things makeup. Experiencing life the right way is her main goal in life.
Her Campus at Valdosta State.