This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Do you ever feel like you need just a little bit of change in your dull day-to-day life? Sometimes the subtlest change we make can make the day more fun. What’s the solution? Eyeliner.

Nothing will ever beat the classic stark black fine line on the top of our lids. This is the go to that takes no thought and it goes with everything from casual to classy to night on the town. There is no way to go wrong with black eyeliner, well there is, but as far is color goes it’s a safe choice. Sometimes, it can be too safe.

The next best thing to black is its neutral best friend: brown. Brown eyeliner gives off the dark and sharp look we are often going for, but in an ever so subtle way. With it being a hint lighter than the darkest color out there, it is a quick and easy alternative that takes no effort. Making this switch is not bold, just a breath of fresh air.

Silver. This is the last color I classify as a part of the neutral family. Although it may sound exotic and a bit overboard, it’s honestly not! The surprising part about silver eyeliner is that the color payoff generally turns out to be pewter, essentially, a dark grey. I’m sure there are high end or liquid eyeliners in silver that come off to be the metallic and bright color it sounds like. Even then, it would be a beautiful pop of simplistic boldness to complete a look and make it different.

Now for the exciting part we’ve all been waiting for, color! So many people are scared to try colored eyeliner because for most, it is so different than the daily routine. This is the time to get out of your comfort zone. It may take some practice and a little bit of playing to find out what works best for you, but once that’s over with, you can have a whole set of eyeliner options each time you go to put on makeup. I’ve found that green and blue work best for me; the green compliments my eye color while the blue is nothing but fun. The color you choose can take your eye makeup to the next level and make your eyes the star of the show.

The next time you are bored of your makeup, grab a new color and discover a new love for liner.   

HCXO!

Alex is an easy going and bubbly person who has a passion for all things creative. She is pursuing a degree in Psychology at Valdosta State University and loving her experiences along the way. Instagram & Twitter: alex_gmann
Her Campus at Valdosta State.