freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Life, Love & College: 4 Signs He’s Not Ready to Commit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

You’ve been hanging there, being patient, putting those girlfriend qualities to work until months later you realize you’re no closer to being his girlfriend than you were when you first met him. So now you’re questioning if you’re doing something wrong or maybe moving too fast, never once thinking the problem is him and not you. Well, gone are the days of confusion and self-doubt! Here are 4 signs he’s not ready to commit to you.  

1. You don’t know his inner circle

This includes family and close friends. If he sees some type of future with you, he’s going to want you to meet the other important people in his life. It’s understandable that the first few weeks you may not meet anyone, but if you find yourself a few months in and have never been introduced to a single friend or family member, he’s not ready to commit to you. 

2. He’s comfortable 

We’ve all heard the saying, “Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free.” If you’ve never communicated your feelings about your stagnant relationship then why should he care? He did what he had to do to get your attention and now you’re giving him the boyfriend treatment without the girlfriend title. If he’s making it apparent that he likes things the way they are sans the title, he’s not ready to commit to you.

3. He’s inconsistent 

One thing is for sure when it comes to a man. If he really wants something, he’ll go after it. Sure he’s attracted to you and loves having you around, but only when it’s convenient for him. You’re starting to get fewer texts, shorter phone calls, conversations are becoming dryer, and dates are becoming nonexistent. He’s over the pursuit and probably over you too, which means he’s definitely not ready to commit.

4. Avoids “the talk”

“What are we?” It’s an awkward conversation to have but very necessary. You could easily blame it on the fact that he’s not good with his words and that it’s hard for him to open up… Excuses! If you find him changing the subject, dodging the question, or looking right through you every time you bring up progressing the relationship, he’s not ready to commit to you.

So now what? Move on! Contrary to popular belief, guys aren’t as stupid as they sometimes seem. He’s got you right where he wants you but you’re too busy swooning over his potential that you don’t even notice. Maybe he’s a nice guy and the timing is just off. Whatever the circumstance, you can’t wait forever.

HCxo!

Her Campus at Valdosta State.