This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Why did you start playing piano?

“Well actually, [I started] because my mom wanted me to learn how to play an instrument. So we went to a music school back in my country, and she wanted me to play an instrument I was interested in, and I was interested in piano. So, it’s because of my mom.”

If you could give any other girl at VSU who is pursuing her dream advice, what would you say?

“It’s not easy to have a dream, but if you really like something, you should try to make it happen. It’s not going to come if you don’t put in effort. So it’s not easy but you have to try to do it. It’s not going to come with just you wanting it. You have to fight for it.”

Sara, Junior 

Piano Performance, Music Major

University: Valdosta State University Major: American Sign Language & Interpretation Likes: eating doughnuts, going for a run, & doing paperwork Dislikes: tomatoes + lettuce on my cheeseburger, bad attitudes, & walking through mud in white Keds Follow Me: @brokenseaglass + @kekrivsky (Twitter/Instagram)
Her Campus at Valdosta State.