This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Plaid, dark everything (polish, makeup, hair) and the beloved Pumpkin Spice Latte. Honestly, pumpkin spice anything is getting really old. While all of these things have earned a reputation for a reason, it’s time to be a little more original. When it comes to fashion, make your own staple for the season. Try a jean jacket over anything and everything! Get some t-shirt dresses that work with any shoe, leggings or bare-leg, and plain or dressed up. These are perfection for a time when the cold begins to creep in because they can be worn with sandals while the heat lingers and scarves, vests and boots when the days turn cool. Not to mention, these pieces are so much more versatile than plaid button downs. For the ultimate fall outfit, pair a jean jacket with a t-shirt dress!

As far as beauty goes with the predictable darker looks, there are still ways to be different. Instead of going for dark chocolate colored hair, go with something that reminds you of the color-changing leaves. Burgundy and orange toned reds are incredibly beautiful. If that doesn’t suit you, think of some typical fall desert flavors like caramel, warm lighter browns would be a beauty. When getting a new nail color, opt for something that is more like a fall color you would wear in your clothing. Olive green, tan, grey, blue and gold would all be stunning! Find ways to keep your makeup bright. Instead of grabbing a vampy red, go for cherry red. Don’t just forget about a luminous glow from within, keep your highlight shining and your eyeshadow popping. Getting a new favorite flavor may sound terrifying, but you may be pleasantly surprised! A Cinnamon Dolce Latte from Starbucks just might be your new favorite drink. There’s always the option to be even more original and forego Starbucks altogether. While I know this is not everyone’s addiction, it is for most. Avoid being so predictable by going to a local coffee shop and try out flavors they have. Give something like toffee, caramel, or white chocolate a shot! There’s nothing wrong with being “basic”. All it means, is that you are basic. Trying something new this season might be fun, and it will make you stand out more!

HCXO!

Alex is an easy going and bubbly person who has a passion for all things creative. She is pursuing a degree in Psychology at Valdosta State University and loving her experiences along the way. Instagram & Twitter: alex_gmann
Her Campus at Valdosta State.