How to Get Away With a SCANDALous Murder: 5 Things We’ve Learned from Olivia and Annalise

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Scandal and How to Get Away With Murder are probably among the top, most-watched TV shows on a Thursday. There is no doubt that Annalise and Olivia, the two shows’ main characters, are the top dogs of the political and criminal justice scenes. Here are a few things that I’ve learned from the two ladies who have taken over many of my Thursday nights:

1. Be confident in yourself and your abilities. If you don’t believe in yourself, nobody else will.

2. Everyone won’t like you, and that’s okay. Being a boss means that sometimes, you will have to do things that everyone won’t agree with. With Olivia Pope, it’s whatever it takes to get the job done.

3. If you want to be “large and in charge” like Annalise Keating, you will have to take risks, but just remember that you always have to own responsibility for your actions.

4. Sometimes, you should listen to your gut instinct. A woman’s intuition is never wrong. Well… not always.

5. Finally, know your worth. Be comfortable with who you are. Olivia Pope and Annalise Keating have a demanding presence when they walk into a room (and not just because they are the main characters of their show). If you are going to run the show like these two, you have to know how to make a powerful entrance… and exit.

Hey lovelies! I am a junior Mass Media major at Valdosta State University. I love writing, fashion and hair, and dancing and singing in the mirror!
Her Campus at Valdosta State.