gaelle marcel S6hz7Y1FCTs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
gaelle marcel S6hz7Y1FCTs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How Cheating Can Affect Your Relationship…. Even If Your Partner Is Unaware Of The Cheating

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Cheating always finds a way to affect the relationship you’re in, even if your partner is unaware of the cheating. If you’re in a stable relationship, cheating can corrupt the relationship in a few ways. Here are three common ways cheating can affect your relationship, even if your partner doesn’t know about the cheating!

1. Shifting Focus

When you’re off having your little rendezvous with your non-significant other, you enter into this new persona. With a new persona comes a new other world. It’s easy to be fascinated and distracted by something new and exciting in your life, that you forget about the other world that you live in, which I like to refer to as the main world. Who’s in that main world you ask? None other than your main significant other. While cheating on your main significant other, you may not notice but your main significant other might find that you have become less attentive.

2. Sex Drive

With you being less attentive to your partner, there’s also the decreasing sex drive. After having some fun (sex) with your non-significant other, you can find yourself coming back home and not having the urge to have sex with your partner. This is one of the most noticeable effects that your partner may see more clearly than you do, even if they are unaware of the cheating. This may also lead to your partner thinking they are the problem, therefore leaving them distraught and confused.

3. Corrupted Relationship That Can Or Can’t Be Fixed

Cheating is probably one of the worst things you can do when you’re in a committed relationship. And sometimes when you wanna go back to only just being with your partner and no one else, it can be kind of hard. Your relationship isn’t the same after cheating. You may have a new mindset of what you’re wanting in a relationship or you may be feeling guilty over your cheating. Either way, the relationship is corrupted and you’re left alone figuring out what to do about a situation that is supposed to involve two people.

-HCXO

I'm Jessie Thomas, a junior in college. I'm a fun loving girl who loves music and fashion! Someday I hope to be successful in the entertainment industry.
Her Campus at Valdosta State.