Homecoming Court 2014: Tristen Jones

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

HC: What are your aspirations in life?

TJ: I aspire to one day create a program in my hometown that encourages and inspires the youth [of Barnesville] to expand their horizons and reach their fullest potential. Even though my area study is in the healthcare field, my ultimate passion is to help others in any way that I can. That is why  I am devoted to making sure the youth of tomorrow can experience the same type of opportunities that I have been allowed in my life. I have to thank Valdosta State for igniting this passion within my heart. 

HC: What are you involved in on campus?

TJ: I am the current president of the National Pan-Hellenic council, and I have served in this position for the past year. I am also the membership and social chair for my sorority Alpha Kappa Alpha, Sorority Inc. I am a member of Order of Omega Honor Society, an organization that only excepts the top 3% of greek students on campus. I am one of the founding members of the Students of the American Red Cross (SARC) and a member of Sigma Alpha Pi National Leadership Honor Society.

HC: What are you currently doing to influence students on campus?

TJ: I feel as though I inspire the students on our campus to be leaders in all that they do. I attribute this to not only my work as president of NPHC and making the council more viable and active on campus, [but also] as promoting greek unity, diversity, and involvement within the community.

HC: Why should you be chosen for Homecoming Queen?

TJ: I feel that I should be chosen because I would represent what a leader should be in more ways than one. I am an individual who works hard to represent myself well, treat others with the upmost respect, and constantly serve not only my campus but my community as well. 

HC: If you were to be crowned Homecoming Queen, how would you use your title to impact our campus?

TJ: To me Homecoming Queen is more than just a title. She is the ideal example of a college student. She is someone who has pride in her university and her peers. I would work hard to be a constant force on my campus as well as someone that the Valdosta State community can look up to.

HC: What sets you apart from other candidates?

TJ: Being Homecoming Queen would mean more to me than just a crown. I would be utterly humbled and honored to be the face of my university. I truly love this school and all that it has offered me and to be Queen would be a great title to represent who I am already as a person. 

Voting starts Tuesday, October 21.

Her Campus at Valdosta State.
President/Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Valdosta State, and a Mass Media major. Loves spaghetti and is currently waiting for someone to teach her how to play her guitar. Never meets a stranger. Hi :)