Homecoming Court 2014: Tevin Williams

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

HC: What are your aspirations in life?

TW: My biggest aspiration in life is to be very successful in what I ultimately want to become: becoming one of the top individuals in my career choice, which is News Media, and also being a role model to others is very important to me.

My second aspiration in life is to make it on Good Morning America as a news desk anchor. In my News class, I’ve actually been anchoring all semester, and will continue to do it for the rest of the semester. Since I was a kid I have really enjoyed being on camera, and believe it or not, I actually have videos of when I was anchoring for my elementary school news channel.

My final aspiration in life is to be extremely happy, not only with myself, but also with the environment, people, and life that I live. I believe that will be the biggest aspiration above anything else. 

HC: What are you involved in on campus?

TW: Not only am I a student, I am a Student Athlete. I’m a VSU Cheerleader, and it requires a LOT of time and practice. We have 4 NCA National Titles to uphold so it does require a lot to be that good. With that being said I have the spotlight on me at all times. Whether it’s appearing at certain events on campus or running the big white Valdosta State Blazers flag on Game Day.

Another way I’m involved is I work at the biggest place for Student Employment: The VSU Campus Recreational Center. I was promoted to Facility Supervisor in May, so I’ve had a lot more responsibility at work. I know that people are thinking that it’s just a job like any other, but I know a lot of students, due to the fact that my fellow classmates always surround me.

HC: What are you currently doing to influence students on campus?

TW: Well I believe that the biggest influence that I have is my ability to encourage people. I always walk into a room with a smile and an open mind, which has allowed me to meet such great people on this campus. I also believe that the best accessory to wear everyday is a smile.

HC: Why should you be chosen for Homecoming King?

TW: I believe I will represent the student body as a whole since I am very spirited, well known, and have a big personality. After being here for three years, a lot of people know me for my friendliness, and most importantly my character. I personally feel that I am deserving of the title of Homecoming King, since I feel that I am a good “face” for VSU. 

HC: If you were to be crowned Homecoming King, how would you use your title to impact our campus?

TW: If I were to be crowned Homecoming King, I believe that I would be even more involved in what I do for VSU. Although I do a lot, I can always make more time for events that organizations host. I plan on being even more involved on campus, and also making sure I know more people in organizations that are not as well known.

HC: What sets you apart from other candidates?

TW: Personally, I believe it’s my personality. In a world where people are very fake, and not authentic, I believe that I am one of the most personable people that anyone could ever meet. I’ve always been told since I was a child that personality can go a long way, and with 21 years of being in the world, I find it to be more and more true every day I live.

Voting starts Tuesday, October 21.

Her Campus at Valdosta State.
President/Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Valdosta State, and a Mass Media major. Loves spaghetti and is currently waiting for someone to teach her how to play her guitar. Never meets a stranger. Hi :)