Campus Cutie Shanel Brock ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Shanel is a passionate, music loving free spirit that radiates positivity! If you haven’t gotten the chance to know her, here it is. Meet Shanel!

Name:  Shanel Brock

Hometown: Cincinnati, OH

Classification: Junior

Zodiac Sign: Pisces

Relationship Status: Single

Major: Mass Media

HC: What made you choose VSU?

Shanel: The mass media program is pretty nice!

HC: What do you want to do with your major, and why?

Shanel: I want to work for VH1 or MTV as a correspondent because I feel like, with my personality, it’ll be a perfect fit for me! I also would like to have my own talk show one day [crosses fingers].

HC: How would you describe yourself?

Shanel: Goofy, caring, and outgoing. My goal is to make anyone around me smile or laugh.

HC: What are your avorite things to do?

Shanel: Travel and shop!

HC: What are you passionate about?

Shanel: Being a woman. A black woman, at that.

HC: How do you like to spend your spare time?

Shanel: I enjoy reading or listening to music.

HC: What’s your dream date?    

Shanel: An open mic poetry night, wearing a cute black dress and heels. We could walk through the city and go to a nice place to eat. We would spend the night talking about life or whatever else is on our minds, feeding into each others imaginations. Basically a reenactment of Love Jones.

HC: What qualities do you look for in a guy? 

Shanel: Open mindedness, well dressed, and he has to have a good relationship with his mom.

HC: Who is your celebrity crush?

Shanel: Mos Def or Oshea Jackson Jr.

HC: What are three material items you can’t live without?

Shanel: My black hat, my phone, and my bed.

You can follow Shanel on Twitter @sw00nunits and Instragram: shwishk0nkarne!

Michaela Leung is the current Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Valdosta State. She is an honors student studying Mass Media and working on a Cross-Training Certificate in Journalism at Valdosta State University with aspirations to be a music journalist and a news anchor. This New York native enjoys fashion, all kinds of music, socializing, making people laugh and standing up for what is right. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter: michaelaskrunk