Campus Cutie Scarlett Ashe ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Meet Scarlett! She describes herself as strong, determined, and kind. Do you have a passion for old, classic films? So does she! Get to know more about Scarlett below!

Name: Scarlett Leigh Ashe

Hometown: Gainesville, Georgia

Classification: Sophomore

Major: Mass Media

Zodiac Sign: Pisces

Relationship Status: Single

HC: Hi Scarlett! Thanks for taking time to be a part of this interview! So, why did you choose VSU?

Scarlett: I chose VSU because of their wonderful Mass Media program and the fact that the people here are actually caring and want to get to know you.

HC: Good answer! What are you involved with on campus?

Scarlett: I am a Resident Assistant (RA) in Langdale Hall.

HC: Awesome! Is there anything you’re a part of off-campus?

Scarlett: I support my church, Free Chapel, even though they are not local I still watch their services online and give to them.

HC: Any hobbies or passions?

Scarlett: I love watching old movies (like Breakfast at Tiffany’s or Bullitt), and I love researching things about Old Hollywood. I also have a great passion for all things related to Beluga Whales and the ocean!

HC: Wow! What about in your free time? What do you like to do when you have some extra time on your hands?

Scarlett: In my free time, I read about old stars, in particular Lauren Bacall (1924-2014) and Steve McQueen (1930-1980).  I also love watching films and making films too!  I love to eat, hang with my best friend, and shop. 

HC: I love how passionate you are! Now, onto the more random questions! We know you’re currently single, but what is your biggest turn-off?

Scarlett: My biggest turn off is when a guy acts cool around you because he thinks he can get any girl he wants. We aren’t for sale, and even if we were, we would not sell that easily.

HC: Very well-said Scarlett! I want to know, who’s your celebrity crush? 

Scarlett: My celebrity crush is Steve McQueen.  However, if I had to choose a modern one, I would say Tom Hiddleston (Loki from the Avengers). Simply because he is a marvelous actor, and the man has some pretty gorgeous blue eyes.

HC: Gorgeous eyes are definitely something to appreciate. How about favorite foods?

Scarlett: I love food in general. If I had to narrow it, I would say French Fries, a good Italian meal, one my dad’s steaks, and of course, mint chocolate chip ice cream.

HC: Oh, those all sound yummy! Lastly, where do you see yourself in ten years?

Scarlett: In ten years, I see myself working for Turner Broadcasting and hopefully for Turner Classic Movies. They are a division of Turner Broadcasting, and I would love to present movies for them on-camera or write for them. However, I also see myself becoming a news anchor, probably within CNN.

If you want to see more of Scarlett, follow her on Instagram at @thebelugalover!

HCXO!

Sylvia Leong is a mass media major at Valdosta State University hoping to achieve her goal of securing a job in sports broadcasting. This Georgia peach loves all shades of blue, football season, and charming her way with sarcasm. Follow on Instagram and Twitter: svia96
Her Campus at Valdosta State.