Campus Cutie Karlan Davis ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Karlan is a free spirited girl with a passion for collecting sneakers! Not only is she stunning, but she is also very friendly and full of personality. Karlan is a wonderful girl and definitely worth knowing. Here’s your chance to learn a little bit more about her.

Hometown: Kingston, Jamaica

Classification: Junior

Zodiac sign: Capricorn

Relationship status: Taken

Major: Nursing

HC: What made you choose VSU?

Karlan: I originally came for [its] psychology program, but then [I] decided to do nursing.

HC: What do you want to do with your major?

Karlan: I hope to become a nurse anesthetist and open my own practice of nurse anesthetists one day called Davis CRNA incorporated. It took me a little while to realize that medicine was my passion, but once I did I have never looked back. The idea of saving lives everyday is just so amazing to me.

HC: How would you describe yourself?

Karlan: I would consider myself a very fun and outgoing person. I love to surround myself with positive people and positive things. I’m also very impulsive and passionate. When I want something I go for it right away and I give it all I’ve got. It can be a gift and a curse at times, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. 

HC: What are some of your favorite things to do?

Karlan: I love trying new restaurants, and trying new things. I feel like the world is such a vast and beautiful place so why live the same day twice, you know? 

HC: What led you to start collecting shoes?

Karlan: I really didn’t start out collecting at first, I just bought the ones that I liked. As I got more I started really paying attention to detail and started researching the whole idea of sneaker collecting. Every shoe has its own story of why it has the color, why it’s designed the way that it is, and why it was given the name it was given. I find that to be very exciting!

Next thing I know, I have over 15 pairs of sneakers. Lately, I’ve even branched this love into shoes in general. I’ve even developed my own little heel collection. My two dream shoes to own right now are the 1996 Coumbia 11s and a pair of Guiseppe Zanotti Cruel Summers.

HC: What’s your dream date?

Karlan: I’ve always believed that the perfect dream date [is] just spending quality time with someone you really care about. It doesn’t matter what you guys do if you care about each other enough. You’ll have a good time regardless. 

HC: Who is your celebrity crush?

Karlan: Idris Elba 

HC: What qualities do you look for in a guy?

Karlan: Patience. Love is a very tedious thing to me. It takes time and practice to make it perfect. Not everyone has the patience for that, and I admire anyone who does.

HC: If you could go anywhere, where would you go?

Karlan: I would go all over Europe. I would just hop from country to country, seeing all the sites and taking it all in.

HCXO!

Michaela Leung is the current Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Valdosta State. She is an honors student studying Mass Media and working on a Cross-Training Certificate in Journalism at Valdosta State University with aspirations to be a music journalist and a news anchor. This New York native enjoys fashion, all kinds of music, socializing, making people laugh and standing up for what is right. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter: michaelaskrunk
Her Campus at Valdosta State.