Campus Cutie Jazmyn Marshall ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Meet Jazmyn, a gorgeous fashionista that enjoys styling, reading, thrifting, writing music, modeling and more! She’s a friendly young lady who you should definitely get to know. Here’s your chance to learn about her!

(Photographed By: Chad Lawson)

Name: Jazmyn Marshall

Hometown: Baltimore, Maryland (Currently I reside in Atlanta, Ga)

Classification: Junior

Zodiac Sign: Taurus

Relationship Status: Single

Major: Public Relations

HC: Why did you chose VSU?

Jazmyn: It was between here and [University of] West Georgia, but I chose VSU because I admired the way the campus looked. I heard that the Mass Media program was better than West GA’s, and that was what I wanted to major in at first, before I switched to PR.

HC: What do you want to do with your major and why?

Jazmyn: I would like to become a representative for a major company or department store. I have always been into fashion so I would love to do it for a retail company. Also, in becoming that I would get to travel and meet many important people in fashion and eventually I would like to own my own styling company; or branch off and become a buyer. I plan to do many things and have my hands in a little bit of everything dealing with fashion.

HC: How would you describe yourself?

Jazmyn: Limitless is a word I’d use to describe me because I try not to establish limits because they hinder your creativity and keep you confined into a box that never opens up for opportunities outside of it. I’m very passionate about things I believe in and I see no limit. I can never know enough knowledge or be too wealthy. I want to always strive to be better in every aspect I can be better in.

HC: What inspires your fashion sense?

Jazmyn: I think media is what I pay attention to most. TV, magazines and socialites, but my mom actually recycles all her magazines so I always go back and admire all the old ones from ten years ago to the newer ones and see what looks are coming back and always [look] for the new trends.

HC: What is your favorite thing to do?

Jazmyn: This is weird, but sometimes I like to just sit in my room, have my headphones in listening to Jhene Aiko, while I sketch designs and think of ways I can become wealthy. I write out my ideas and how I can make them become reality.

HC: What’s your dream date?

Jazmyn: I would want to go somewhere fun like paint balling, or rock climbing instead of the typical restaurant or movie date. Being active really brings out a person’s personality and that’s what I’m most interested in seeing.

HC: What qualities do you look for in a guy?

Jazmyn: First and foremost he has to be respectful and a gentleman. I think that gentlemen are a dying breed in this generation so to come across one would be nice. I love a go-getter. He has to have a plan and know how he is going to execute it. I have a little insider that I call “the Drake guy”, which means I would want a man who’s kinda rough on the outside but is confident in his sexuality and isn’t afraid to express his feelings to me, like Drake.

HC: Who is your celebrity crush?

Jazmyn: The Game and Kanye West.

HC: What is a change you wish to see in the world?

Jazmyn: I think we have come a million years from where we were as people, but I wish to see more equality shown to women. This world was built off of male ideals and I’d like to see women have more of a voice and power than we do now.

HCXO!

Michaela Leung is the current Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Valdosta State. She is an honors student studying Mass Media and working on a Cross-Training Certificate in Journalism at Valdosta State University with aspirations to be a music journalist and a news anchor. This New York native enjoys fashion, all kinds of music, socializing, making people laugh and standing up for what is right. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter: michaelaskrunk
Her Campus at Valdosta State.