Campus Cutie Courtney Perry ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.
Meet Courtney Perry! She’s one of the wittiest, funniest girls you will ever meet! She’s the type of girl you’ll love being around! Here’s your chance to find out more about this Conyers native.

Hometown: Conyers, GA
Age: 21
Classification: Senior
Zodiac: Cancer
Relationship status: I kind of want a relationship. But I don’t. But I do. So do with that what you will.

HC: What made you come to VSU?

I came to VSU because I wanted to get as far away as possible from my family but stay in Georgia. Plus the weather is pretty sweet.

HC: What do you want to do after you graduate?

Right now I’m planning on attending grad school for Public Relations somewhere in Florida. Or find a rich husband.

HC: What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?

I really like playing tennis and watching awful horror movies on Netflix by myself. Oh, and drinking wine and making animal noises.

HC: What’s something interesting about you that people may not know?

I have a twin brother who also goes to VSU. No, we don’t live together. He’s super protective, and I used to hate that in high school, but I’m actually really thankful to have him here with me now. We go to lunch a good bit now and it’s always fun. (I’m the pretty one.)

HC: What’s your idea of a perfect date?

I always tell guys I want to go on a picnic at a cemetery but they think I’m kidding… So I guess I’ll say laser tag or bowling. Dinner and a movie is so typical. I like more active and silly dates. Also, holding hands during a movie is seriously the worst because there’s so much sweat and I need both hands to fully enjoy my nachos with extra cheese.

HC: What are some of your turn ons in a guy? Turn offs?

Humor is the main quality I look for in a guy. If he doesn’t laugh at my jokes or make puns then I’m not going to be into it. My biggest turnoff has to be when a guy calls a girl a slut or bashes a girl for having sex. It’s really dumb to me; like [sex is] a completely normal act that shouldn’t be taboo or shameful.

HC: What movie or television character would you say best describes you?

I don’t know if The Mindy Project is very well known, so I’ll say Kelly off of The Office. I’m like a mix between her and Erin. How adorable right?

HC: Who is your celebrity crush?

Girl Crush: Aubrey Plaza and literally every other girl in Hollywood minus Taylor Swift and Ariana GrandeGuy Crush: Timothy Olyphant and Chris Pratt (skinny or fat version)

HC: Describe yourself in 3 words.

Eccentric, quirky (even though I hate that word), and probably witty.

HC: What do you think sets you apart from other people?

Nothing is really off limits to me in a conversation; I love talking about sex and death and why don’t birds have arms, you know? I’m terrible at small talk like the weather and school. Most people try to put on a persona of being super polite and normal but I’m not like that at all. And I think that’s neat. My twin brother disagrees but hey, you can’t win them all.

When you see Courtney around campus, be sure to say hi! She might just brighten your day! 
HCXO!
President/Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Valdosta State, and a Mass Media major. Loves spaghetti and is currently waiting for someone to teach her how to play her guitar. Never meets a stranger. Hi :)