Campus Celebrity Zyaisha Hackett ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Meet Zyaisha Hackett! She’s a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Soroity Incorporated, Student Government Association, and KixArt! She takes time out of her busy schedule to do what she loves, styling others. Zyaisha is a lover of fashion, and helping others. Here’s your chance to get to know a little bit more about her.

Full Name: Zyaisha Hackett aka ZyaishaJane

Age: 21

Classification: Junior

Major: Psychology,

Minor: Speech Communications

Hometown: Columbus, GA 

HC: What made you get into fashion?

ZH: Fashion was always instilled in me. I started to notice my love for it in middle school and it stuck with me ever since. I was always into the latest trends and how I can improve the way I dressed. People always knew me as “Zee that girl that can dress!”

HC: Tell me about Perpetual Stylez:

ZH: Perpetual Stylez is a way to express and share my love for style with others! I came up with name because perpetual is everlasting and I feel that there is no end to style. I originally started out to create a blog, but Perpetual Stylez Instagram page is a better way to connect with people since people are on Instagram 24/7. I do still have Perpetual Stylez website coming soon!

HC: What made you decide to start styling people?

ZH: The main goal that I strive for in life is to help people, in anyway possible. I’ve noticed that some people are not confident enough in the way they dress and it shouldn’t be that way. I wanted to help people see potential in their style, and me styling them would give them the extra push they needed. Everyone has style it just takes the right person to bring it out of them!

HC: How do you feel after styling someone? 

ZH: To see my visions being brought to life through someone else is an AMAZING feeling! The people I have styled so far have been overjoyed with my work, and that makes me happy to know that I had part in them making them feel FLAWLESS!

HC: Who or what inspires you the most?

ZH: God inspires me the most!! The love He shows me even with all my imperfections keeps me going. Also, my family is a driving force in my life. Everything I do is for them because I know I have people looking up to me and I cant let them or myself down. 

HC: What or who influences your style?

ZH: Rihanna influences my style. I don’t try to dress exactly like her, but I get ideas and inspirations from her daily basis. She is definitely my style crush!

HC: What do you plan on pursuing after you graduate?

ZH: I plan to attend Georgia State University for my Masters degree in Business Management. I plan to have my own clothing store that not only includes buying clothes but a personal stylist to help you on each visit.

HC: Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?

ZH: I see myself living comfortably in Los, Angeles, California happily married with two kids. I see my clothing store expanding to at least three stores in the next ten years with locations in Atlanta, , Miami, and Los Angeles.

HC: In your opinion, what exactly is fashion?

ZH: Fashion is a personal statement that you display to the people around you. Fashion is a form of expression and art. No ones opinion of fashion is the same thing and that’s what makes it so great. It’s telling the world who you are without having to say a single word!

HC: How do you practice time management? Any tips?

ZH: Time management is very important! Although 24 hours may seem like a lot it can slip through your hands quickly. I have to make a checklist on what needs to be done for the day, week or month and I stick to that accordingly! Time is something you can never get back so you have to use it wisely. My tips for time management would be to create a list and stick to that list and don’t deter from it and you’ll be able to accomplish what you planned.

Michaela Leung is the current Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Valdosta State. She is an honors student studying Mass Media and working on a Cross-Training Certificate in Journalism at Valdosta State University with aspirations to be a music journalist and a news anchor. This New York native enjoys fashion, all kinds of music, socializing, making people laugh and standing up for what is right. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter: michaelaskrunk
President/Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Valdosta State, and a Mass Media major. Loves spaghetti and is currently waiting for someone to teach her how to play her guitar. Never meets a stranger. Hi :)