This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Meet VSU senior Sky Neary! You may recognize Sky from running around campus hiding behind his camera, photographing amazing shots of our architechture and students. He is edgy, he is talented, and he is full of surprises! Get to know more about Sky below.

Name: Sky Neary

Major/Minor: Criminal Justice/Art

Hometown: Henry Country, Georgia

Classification: Senior (May 2015 Graduation! Go Sky!)

On Campus Involvement: Valdosta State University’s Creative Services Department – Student Assistant Photographer

HC: Hey Sky! What are three fun facts about yourself?

Sky: I love to ride my motorcylce as much as I can, I have driven from one side of the country to the other, and I have travelled to the top of the tallest Alp in Germany.

HC: Now, why did you decide to come to VSU?

Sky: Valdosta State had a few different features that appealed to me which ultimately lead me to attend the university. First was the weather, a majority of the year it’s really warm and sunny which makes me happy. Then the architechture of the buildings which made it warm and welcoming with the palm trees and the trees with moss, which are gorgeous to me.

HC: Looking back now, what advice would you give to incoming freshman?

Sky: Take advantage of any opportunity that is offered for you. It only takes one experience to change your life or create a new passion or friendship you may have never known you would have.

HC: What do you want to do with your major?

Sky: My dream would be to become a National Park Ranger. Also, I would have the opportunity to photograph these parks and share with everyone how great these photos are.

HC: Take the letter “C.” Pick three words that begin with “C” that describe who you are. Why do these three words describe you?

Sky: Curious – I always want to learn or to experience something new especially with my photography. Confident – I know what I’m capable of and will not deny I am good at what I do because I work hard at it.  Challenging – I like to push myself to my physical and mental limits as often as I can. I believe that if you aren’t pushing yourself forward, you are moving backwards.

HC: How do you stay motivated to do what you do?

Sky: It is really not hard for me to stay motivated. So many things motivate me such as: music, things I see daily, and even experiences. Also, photography makes me happy and brings me joy and new experiences. As long as it keeps staying this way, I have no reason to stop or want to stop. 

HC: What kind of impact or legacy would you like to leave behind at VSU?

Sky: I would like to leave behind that you can do anything or accomplish anything as long as you’re truly passionate or motivated about what you’re doing.

What great facts and advice! Catch up with Sky on his Instagram, @SkyGuy67, or on his professional website!

University: Valdosta State University Major: American Sign Language & Interpretation Likes: eating doughnuts, going for a run, & doing paperwork Dislikes: tomatoes + lettuce on my cheeseburger, bad attitudes, & walking through mud in white Keds Follow Me: @brokenseaglass + @kekrivsky (Twitter/Instagram)
Her Campus at Valdosta State.