Campus Celebrity Khiry Veney ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Whether you’ve seen Khiry modeling or even at one of MAG’s events, one thing is for sure–Khiry doesn’t go unnoticed. Read on to get to know a little more about Mr. Veney himself!

Full name: Khiry Veney

Hometown: Parksley, Virginia/ Thomasville, Georgia 

Major: Speech Communications

Classification: Senior

Zodiac sign: Sagittarius 

HC: First, what influenced you to come to VSU?

Khiry: I visited VSU my senior year of high school and I was immediately impressed by the beauty of the campus. Then, it made it even better that it was only 45 minutes away from where I’m from, being that I didn’t want to move too far away too early. 

HC: In what ways are you involved on campus?

Khiry: I am a member of Enactus, Habitat for Humanity, Media Arts Geniuses (MAG), and NAACP. 

HC: Do you have any off campus involvements?

Khiry: I’m not involved in any organizations off campus, however, I love doing community service within the Valdosta community. 

HC: What are some things you like to do in your free time? 

Khiry: I honestly don’t have anything in particular that I do. I may lie in bed all day, or I could feel like being active. It just depends on my mood. I’m not a boring person though, lol. 

HC: What do you plan to do with your major?

Khiry: I would love to be in the entertainment industry in some way. My ultimate goal though is to have my own talent agency or modeling agency. I just want to be able to represent an individual while helping them perfect what it is they love to do. 

HC: How would you say that other people would describe you best? 

Khiry: People who know me: loud, funny, supportive, blunt; people who don’t know me…they either really like me or they really don’t, even though they don’t know me. 

HC: What is your favorite quote or what motto do you like to live by? 

Khiry: One that I really like to remember to get me through certain situations is “You have to be odd to be number 1.” It’s not your typical quote, but it still has an inspirational message within it. 

HC: Where would your dream vacation be? 

Khiry: If I could go anywhere in the world I would have to say either the United Kingdom or Tokyo, Japan. 

HC: What is one unknown fact about you that you’d like for other people to know?

Khiry: I am one of 60 plus grandchildren on my mother’s side of the family, and out of them I am the youngest grandson.

HCXO!

Her Campus at Valdosta State.