Campus Celebrity Emanii Davis ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Meet Emanii Davis! Emanii was recently crowned Miss Georgia USA and has big plans to impact the community. Not only is she a pageant winner but she is also a very kind, charasmatic, and energetic person. If you haven’t gotten the opportunity to meet Emanii, here’s your chance to get to know a little bit more about her!

Name: Emanii Davis 

Classification: Senior 

Major: Communication 

Age: 21 

Hometown: Cleveland, Ohio

HC: How long have you been competing in pageants? 

ED: I was more into modeling which led me to think I could do pageants. I began my pageant journey around the age of 14.HC: What pageants have you competed in?

ED: I started modeling and competed in and won Miss Teen Atlanta in the 8th grade. I then went on to compete for Miss Georgia USA at the age of 18 where I placed 4th runner up. I competed again this year and won the title.. 

HC: How is the pageant process? 

ED: It is a lot more work than people believe them to be.  It takes a lot of preparation and dedication, but it’s a lot of fun and very exciting when time to compete.  My favorite part is meeting new women, who are so very different but have the same ultimate goal.  HC: How does it feel to be crowned Miss Georgia USA?

ED: Words can’t explain how excited I am but I feel so blessed to have this opportunity, and I am ready to begin this journey and really use my voice to be a role model to young women and change a few things in my community.  

HC: How do you plan on using your title to impact the community? 

ED: I have a huge passion for education and helping young men and women in understanding the power of knowledge.  I am working on a program that helps Juniors and Seniors in High School with the college application process as well as prepare them for the college experience.  I notice a lot of incoming freshmen fall behind in school work and lose focus, leading to academic probation and even dropping out.  I also want to do plenty of work with confidence building in young girls because I feel that our Media has impacted all minds but especially women.  I want to change that and enforce the ideas that who you are and what you are is what is beautiful.  I have a lot of plans for this year and I am sure many more will come throughout this experience. HC: What’s next from here? 

ED: A lot of work! It’s not work though if you love it, so I correct myself.  I have plenty of things to do such as my interest in my community work as well as getting ready for Miss USA.  I am so very excited just to push myself even further this year and focus on being a better me. HC: Do you have any advice for aspiring pageant competitors? 

ED: Of course I do!  I think sometimes we forget how amazing we are and just how amazing and powerful women are in general.  We have to understand that the only way to be a winner is by being ourselves, and as long as we do that, we can never lose.  I also think it’s important to never give up.  I competed for this title 2 years ago, and I didn’t win, but I never gave up on that dream, I just learned from it and worked harder.  If you want something go out there and get it, because it’s yours to take.  Lastly, just have fun and enjoy every moment and experience you have in life.  

You can keep up with Emanii’s journey as Miss Georgia USA by following her on Instagram and Twitter: @RealMissGAUSA!

Michaela Leung is the current Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Valdosta State. She is an honors student studying Mass Media and working on a Cross-Training Certificate in Journalism at Valdosta State University with aspirations to be a music journalist and a news anchor. This New York native enjoys fashion, all kinds of music, socializing, making people laugh and standing up for what is right. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter: michaelaskrunk