Campus Celebrity Andrew Jeschke ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Meet Andrew! Andrew is a hardworking and passionate Videographer. He has big dreams, and is well on his way to acheiving them. Here’s your chance to learn more about him and his craft!

Full Name: Andrew James Jeschke

Age: 21

Classification: Senior 

Major: Mass Media

Hometown: Alpharetta, Georgia. 

HC: What made you get into videography?

Andrew: I became interested in videography at an early age. I began shooting skate videos and short films with my friends. In my senior of high school, I placed first in a film festival by creating a PSA about the dangers of texting while driving; that made me realize that I may have a future in something that I’m passionate about. 

HC: What projects have you worked on/are working on?

Andrew: I’ve been fortunate enough to have a variety of opportunities since coming to Valdosta. I work with a local marketing company where I shoot and edit video for various companies, hospitals, and schools. I was also lucky enough to work on promotional videos for Darlene Love who received a Grammy this year. This past summer I worked on the Vh1 reality show, Hot G.R.I.T.S. as an office production assistant. I’m currently shooting a series of videos for the University’s website on the importance of core classes and for the past two years, I’ve worked at Video Production Services for the University where I shoot live multi-cam webcasts of Blazer musical and sporting events. Since baseball and softball season just started it’s been keeping me pretty busy.

HC: Who or what inspires you the most?

Andrew: Art, and creation. The ability that humans have to take an idea, something imaginary that doesn’t exist, and make it real. Being able to make an idea physical while simultaneously expressing your views of the world and having others take meaning from it.

HC: How do you keep your creativity flowing?

Andrew: To stay creative, I believe you just have to keep creating. Whether it be drawing, making dumpster art, playing music or whatever your interest is, keep your mind active and innovative. One of the hardest things to do is to use our creativity to its fullest potential, but when we do that’s when greatness occurs.

HC: What do you plan on pursuing after you graduate?

Andrew: After I graduate I plan to pursue a job in film and take some time to work on some films of my own.

HC: Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?

Andrew: I haven’t really thought about my life ten years from now. There can’t be a future without a present.

HC: What is your dream job?

Andrew: I’d like to direct and create films, experimenting with and incorporating various mediums of art.

Michaela Leung is the current Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Valdosta State. She is an honors student studying Mass Media and working on a Cross-Training Certificate in Journalism at Valdosta State University with aspirations to be a music journalist and a news anchor. This New York native enjoys fashion, all kinds of music, socializing, making people laugh and standing up for what is right. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter: michaelaskrunk
President/Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Valdosta State, and a Mass Media major. Loves spaghetti and is currently waiting for someone to teach her how to play her guitar. Never meets a stranger. Hi :)