Campus Celebrity Abriel Blake ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Meet Abriel! I’m sure you’ve seen her around before; that radiant smile and style of hers is not likely to go unnoticed! She’s a junior here at Valdosta State. She’s also a member of MAG, because of her amazingggg vocals! That’s why she’s in the spotlight as one of our Campus Celebrities this week! We interviewed her to get to know a little bit more about her.

Hometown: Savannah, GA

Major: Psychology

Zodiac sign: Leo

Relationship Status: In a relationship

Why’d you choose VSU?

I used to come here to go to Wild Adventures and I always said I would go here! Plus I didn’t want to stay home and go to Savannah State.

How’d you get started singing?

In church. Also, in third grade they made me sing and ever since then I just kept singing.

Who are your inspirations?

My mom and MAG (Media Arts Geniuses). My mom is phenomenal in every aspect. MAG inspires me because I’m surrounded by ambitious and passionate people, and even if I thought about giving up, I couldn’t.

What’s your favorite quality about yourself?

I’m genuine. Everything I do comes from the heart. If you know me, or if you don’t know me, I know you’d love me. Not trying to sound cocky or anything [laughs].

If your house caught on fire, what’s the first thing you’d grab?

My journals and my pictures. Oh, and my phone of course.

What’s been your favorite moment here at VSU?

Singing at the MAG showcase. I sang I’m Going Down. It was my favorite because I was really feeling that song. The audience connected with me and I got really positive feedback.

Where do you want to be in 10 years?

I really want to sing. Somewhere in Hollywood [laughs]. But if that’s too far-fetched I see myself being a family and marriage therapist.

If you were a candy, what would you be?

I’d be a sweet tart. I’m very spoiled but I have a good heart. You probably wouldn’t want to be around me when I get into my spoiled ways! Like the candy, I act hard but once you start crushing hard enough you’ll get to the soft spot.

Abriel is beautiful and sweet as can be! If you don’t know her you should get to know her. Her bubbly personality and smile is something everyone can use in their life. Give her music a listen! You won’t be disappointed! You can find Abriel’s video for her debut song “Make Me Fall” here and her second single “Every Man Can’t Be” here!

I'm Felicia Burnett! I am a sophomore at Valdosta State University. My major is Exercise Physiology but I have a deep passion for writing!
Her Campus at Valdosta State.