Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Valdosta Blog

Michaela's Artist Spotlight: Abriel's Release Party for New Single "Temptation"

By Michaela Leung
July 2, 2014 - 10:43am

After the success of her first single “Make Me Fall” (which was played onV96 and Underground Radio Station), VSU senior and Campus Celebrity Abriel Blake is back at it again! Her new single “Temptation” will be released July 6th at 8:00 p.m. To celebrate the release, she's having a release party at Valdosta's very own Creekside Tavern. READ MORE

Life, Love & College: Why Feminism Is Important

By Jasmine King
May 9, 2014 - 10:10pm

In today's society, it is becoming more and more common place for women to be discriminated against. As ladies, we need to let men know what we will and will not accept. You don't have to go crazy with a shocking political statement.    But in the words of Beyonce, the simple assertion of...  READ MORE

The Everyday College Fashionista: How to Pick the Perfect Sundress for Your Body Type

By Olivia McLean
May 9, 2014 - 10:10pm

The sun is shining and the flowers are blooming, which only means one thing: summer is here. Okay, it’s not here just yet, but it’s around the corner. Time to break out the daisy dukes and itsy-bitsy, teeny-weeny, yellow, polka-dot bikinis, as well as the cute, flirty sundresses. Sundresses are essential during the summertime. And who wouldn’t want to see a charming collegiette in a dress, showing off her beautiful legs and arms? Everyone should feel beautiful in a sundress, especially if they’re wearing one that flatters their body. Here are some tips for picking the perfect sundress for your body type. READ MORE

Beauty & Brains: 7 Steps to Long, Healthy, Gorgeous Hair

By Ashlea Danielle Conner
May 9, 2014 - 12:15pm

In a perfect world, every girl wants a few things: love, good friends, a hot body, endless clothes and shoes, and long, beautiful healthy hair. With all the washing, dying, cutting, curling, and straightening, it seems impossible to grow long hair that is also healthy. For decades, women have been taught to go to the hair salon in order to obtain gorgeous, luscious locks. But today, women can stay home and use simple tricks to obtain long, beautiful, healthy locks. Here are 7 ways to get long gorgeous hair at home for less. 1. Trim Your Ends READ MORE

Natural Hair Girls: Straightening Natural Hair

By Raven Poole
May 9, 2014 - 2:01am

Many women have started embracing their natural hair texture, which is great! Although it's been around for a long time, over the past couple of years it's gained popularity for its healthy reputation. Since natural hair's rise to fame, more and more tutorials have come out to help guide women through their journey.   Although there are women that are embracing their natural texture, there are still some that want that relaxed look, yet healthy feel. The question still lingers: is it possible to have straight, healthy, and natural hair? I'm here to tell you it is!   READ MORE

Natural Hair Girls: 5 Instagram Accounts Every Naturalista Should Follow

By Elena Mincy
May 7, 2014 - 1:00am

Let’s be honest, transitioning isn’t easy. Most girls going through the transitioning process expect to see immediate results and unfortunately, that is not going to happen. This can be somewhat discouraging and can make transitioners want to resort back to the creamy crack. DON’T DO IT!!! All you need is a little inspiration to keep striving for those perfect locks! Here are a few Instagram accounts that make me appreciate my curly hair and motivate me to keep up with my curly girl methods! 1. Curlybeauties  READ MORE

Natural Hair Girls: Natural Girl Problems

By Penny Lane
May 5, 2014 - 1:00am

Being natural has its benefits but there are just some things we all go through that we would rather not. There's strinkage, the endless twisting, the expensive products, the hair envy and the list goes on and on.    You're not even half way through with the day and you have the worst headache but it doesn't matter. All that matters is that the puff is gawjusss!!     READ MORE

Beauty & Brains: 5 Simple Ways to Take Care of Your Skin

By A'Kira Foster
April 30, 2014 - 1:01am

1. Wash your face.  Washing your face once when you wake up and again before bed with warm water and a gentle cleanser will decrease bacteria and oil. Always remove make-up before bed. Be careful not to over wash or scrub, which can cause irritation.   2. Don’t pop pimples. As annoying as that huge, pulsating pimple on your chin may be, do not give in to the temptation of popping it. This can lead to further damage! READ MORE

The Everyday College Fashionista: 10 Hot Summer Buys For Under $31

By Penny Lane
April 29, 2014 - 1:00am

All of these summer time steals are under $31! That's right! It gets no better than shopping on a budget and finding great deals!  URBAN OUTFITTERS $29.99 These trendy fringe shorts can be dressed up or down. Add a simple tank and some heels and you're ready for a night out on the town.  MISSGUIDED $12.58 READ MORE

Beauty & Brains: 5 Things You Should Know About Gauges

By Michaela Leung
April 29, 2014 - 1:00am

Before you make the decision to stretch your ears, there are a few things you should know. 1. Things won't always be smooth: Brace yourself for ear swelling. Some people tell you that ear swelling is a problem, but this is not the case. It is natural for your ears to swell, so don't be alarmed if that happens. READ MORE