Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Valdosta Blog

Michaela's Artist Spotlight: Vonte Of NeW eRa

By Michaela Leung
October 30, 2014 - 9:42am

VSU student Devonte Brown goes by the stage name Vonte Of NeW eRa or Vonte for short. You may have seen him perform at a few MAG events or at the Cypher and remember him by his amazing stage presence and distinct flow! When asked about his unique music styling, he simply stated, "It's definitely rap but it's not confined to traditional rap genres like 'trap' or 'conscience'. Genres are convenient boxes for beautiful collections of sounds, and they won't suffice for my music." READ MORE

The Everyday College Fashionista: Fashionable Fall Trends

By Tatyana Phelps
October 29, 2014 - 9:25am

Fall season is in full swing and if you’re anything like me, you have a closet full of crop tops, sundresses, tank tops and shorts. But of course, those types of clothing won’t do much to keep you warm when the chilly autumn weather rolls in. To avoid freezing or catching a cold, here are a few trends to invest in to get you through the fall season! Hoodies & Crew Necks READ MORE

What's In My Bag?: Milan Johnson

By Milan Johnson
October 28, 2014 - 1:04am

I’m a big fan of  “What’s In Your Makeup Bag?” videos on YouTube so what better way to show my love by doing my own! It’s always cool to know what other girls are using to “beat” their face and what their absolute favorite products are. All of my favorite products are versatile for a bum day on campus, a date out with your boo, or a night out with your friends. The makeup  doesn’t make you, you make it! That’s why your makeup collection should be as versatile as you are.  Just like almost every other girl, my makeup collection isn’t just confined to one bag; I've just decided to highlight my favorites! Hope you guys enjoy! READ MORE

Beauty & Brains: Top 5 Things You Need From Ulta

By Milan Johnson
October 27, 2014 - 1:12am

Every time I walk into Ulta I just get so overwhelmed by all the amazing things in there. Yes, I’m a self-proclaimed Ulta lover and I’m not scared to scream it from the mountaintops! But because there is so much stuff in there, you might not know what to choose from. Hopefully I can help with the top 5 things I would buy from Ulta from makeup to skincare. 1. Naked 3 Palette by Urban Decay
Price: $54.00 READ MORE

Lessons in Fashion: Kelly Kapowski

By Ariel Hairston
October 23, 2014 - 12:59am

Growing up, I admired Kelly Kapowski's fashion: high-waisted bottoms, flirty colors, bold prints. She was the most popular girl at Bayside High, and rightfully so! While Lisa Turtle was the aspiring fashion designer, it was Kelly who kept it simple, sweet and trendy! The best part: all of these trends are back in style! Here's a few style lessons from Saved by the Bell's Kelly Kapowski! 1. Don't be afraid to wear the same print head-to-toe. Kelly paired her top with bottoms of the same floral design. This particular look is girly and fun, but this same rule can also apply to solid colors or a night on the town! READ MORE

Natural Hair Girls: Henna Hair Color Review

By Lauren Everett
October 22, 2014 - 1:02am

I don’t do a lot of experimenting with my hair because all I want it to do is grow, which it does, but lately I’ve wanted to try something new like coloring it. I've heard about all the horror stories of dying one’s hair and facing damage and constant cuts. I didn’t want to have to deal with any cons that might stand in the way of my growth, so I started doing my research and came across the beauty of henna. Many people know henna as being a dye that you can creatively decorate your skin with, but it is also a great hair conditioner and dye as well! READ MORE

Life, Love & College: 3 Ways to Deal with Cattiness

By Zenobia Harris
October 21, 2014 - 1:02am

Cattiness is something that we all have to deal with at some point in our lives—throughout grade school, college, and even the work place. Despite our best efforts to remain drama free, sometimes we stumble upon people whose very existence revolves around drama and chaos. Even though “catty” encounters are bound to happen, there are plenty of ways to deal with them without sacrificing your morals or dignity. 1. Pick your battles. Everything doesn’t have to be dignified with a response. READ MORE

Life, Love & College: Why It's Okay to Test the Waters

By Sarah Standridge
October 20, 2014 - 12:14pm

Reasons Why Waiting for “The One” Can Be a Bad Idea READ MORE

Beauty & Brains: How To Tie Head Scarves

By Elena Mincy
October 20, 2014 - 1:03am

We’ve all had those days when we just have no idea what to do with our hair. Hair is one of those features that can make or break a girl. If your hair isn’t cooperating, it can make your whole day bad. Sometimes we are in a hurry because we slept through our alarms for class, or maybe we stayed out just a tad too late the night before. Or you could be in between hairstyles and just took down your sew-in or have an old twist-out that is long overdue. Whatever the case may be, you don’t have to feel hopeless when your hair isn’t working with you! Since we are transitioning to fall weather, we can start bringing out the scarves for head wraps! READ MORE

Beauty & Brains: 5 Super Foods for Your Hair

By Zenobia Harris
October 17, 2014 - 10:16am

There are so many wonderful super foods that provide our bodies with the strength and nourishment that they need to get through each day. Just like our actual bodies, there is another part of us that requires lots of nutrients and TLC in order to grow: our hair. What we put on top of our heads is just as important as what goes into our bodies. In addition to our usual shampoo and conditioner, there are quite a few natural wonders that we can use to strengthen and moisturize our hair, and most of them can be found right in our pantries! Here is a list of some of these amazing "hair foods" and their nourishing properties! 1. Eggs READ MORE