Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Valdosta Blog

Lessons in Fashion: Kelly Kapowski

By Ariel Hairston
October 23, 2014 - 12:59am

Growing up, I admired Kelly Kapowski's fashion: high-waisted bottoms, flirty colors, bold prints. She was the most popular girl at Bayside High, and rightfully so! While Lisa Turtle was the aspiring fashion designer, it was Kelly who kept it simple, sweet and trendy! The best part: all of these trends are back in style! Here's a few style lessons from Saved by the Bell's Kelly Kapowski! 1. Don't be afraid to wear the same print head-to-toe. Kelly paired her top with bottoms of the same floral design. This particular look is girly and fun, but this same rule can also apply to solid colors or a night on the town! READ MORE

Natural Hair Girls: Henna Hair Color Review

By Lauren Everett
October 22, 2014 - 1:02am

I don’t do a lot of experimenting with my hair because all I want it to do is grow, which it does, but lately I’ve wanted to try something new like coloring it. I've heard about all the horror stories of dying one’s hair and facing damage and constant cuts. I didn’t want to have to deal with any cons that might stand in the way of my growth, so I started doing my research and came across the beauty of henna. Many people know henna as being a dye that you can creatively decorate your skin with, but it is also a great hair conditioner and dye as well! READ MORE

Life, Love & College: 3 Ways to Deal with Cattiness

By Zenobia Harris
October 21, 2014 - 1:02am

Cattiness is something that we all have to deal with at some point in our lives—throughout grade school, college, and even the work place. Despite our best efforts to remain drama free, sometimes we stumble upon people whose very existence revolves around drama and chaos. Even though “catty” encounters are bound to happen, there are plenty of ways to deal with them without sacrificing your morals or dignity. 1. Pick your battles. Everything doesn’t have to be dignified with a response. READ MORE

Life, Love & College: Why It's Okay to Test the Waters

By Sarah Standridge
October 20, 2014 - 12:14pm

Reasons Why Waiting for “The One” Can Be a Bad Idea READ MORE

Beauty & Brains: How To Tie Head Scarves

By Elena Mincy
October 20, 2014 - 1:03am

We’ve all had those days when we just have no idea what to do with our hair. Hair is one of those features that can make or break a girl. If your hair isn’t cooperating, it can make your whole day bad. Sometimes we are in a hurry because we slept through our alarms for class, or maybe we stayed out just a tad too late the night before. Or you could be in between hairstyles and just took down your sew-in or have an old twist-out that is long overdue. Whatever the case may be, you don’t have to feel hopeless when your hair isn’t working with you! Since we are transitioning to fall weather, we can start bringing out the scarves for head wraps! READ MORE

Beauty & Brains: 5 Super Foods for Your Hair

By Zenobia Harris
October 17, 2014 - 10:16am

There are so many wonderful super foods that provide our bodies with the strength and nourishment that they need to get through each day. Just like our actual bodies, there is another part of us that requires lots of nutrients and TLC in order to grow: our hair. What we put on top of our heads is just as important as what goes into our bodies. In addition to our usual shampoo and conditioner, there are quite a few natural wonders that we can use to strengthen and moisturize our hair, and most of them can be found right in our pantries! Here is a list of some of these amazing "hair foods" and their nourishing properties! 1. Eggs READ MORE

Natural Hair Girls: How to Transition Your Hair From Summer to Fall

By Lauren Everett
October 15, 2014 - 1:08am

Now that October is here, cooler temperatures are soon to follow. With the leaves changing, hot tea in your favorite mug, and colder air approaching, there should be minor tweaks to your hair routine as well. With the sun not shining as bright and humidity tampering with perfect braid outs, a few adjustments will help your hair thrive in the upcoming months of autumn bliss! READ MORE

His Campus: Why She's Not Texting You Back

By Kira DeMund
October 15, 2014 - 1:03am

Guys, I'm certain you've been there before: going out to a party and spotting that girl you've had your eye on for a minute from across the room. Somehow, amid a room full of people, you muster up the courage to approach her (of course, with the help of your third shot of tequila) and ask for the digits. You make a decent conversation for the night and end it on a good note. READ MORE

Campus Curl Chronicles: Brandi Moore

By Lauren Everett
October 14, 2014 - 1:12am

Name: Brandi Moore Classification: Senior Major: Mass Media   HC: How long have you been natural? BM: Since 2005 HC: How would you describe your hair texture? BM: It has its curls, waves and kinks. Sometimes it looks good, sometimes it doesn’t; it has a mind of its own. Sometimes it’s pretty, sometimes it’s not but I let it do what it wants to do. HC: What is your favorite or most convenient hairstyle? READ MORE

Workout Sesh: Fit Fighters Fitness Class Review

By Ciarra Chapman
October 12, 2014 - 1:25am

Staying active and fit isn’t always easy as a college student. Trying to find a flexible and convenient workout regimen is hard when balancing class, work and other activities. Recently, I have discovered a cheap and fun way to say fit: boxing. Boxing isn’t just about sparing and nose bleeds. It is a great way to work out and let off a little steam! Jose Perez’s Fit Fighters Fitness on Baytree Road focuses on physical fitness rather than combat.  READ MORE