Best Nudes for Brown Girls: Black Owned Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

A while ago I wrote an article suggesting nude lipsticks for brown girls. In the beauty industry nudes are based on people of European descent, whether it be lipstick, underwear, a bra, or anything else you can think of, it is never for women of color. When you think of nude lipstick you think of pinks, peaches, or some light coral color, but if you truly want a nude color while rocking brown skin your perfect choice may just be a brown lip color. Browns take way less manipulation and they compliment our skin so well! This article is not meant to deter you from buying a nice pink color, it is however meant to open your eyes to wonderful shades you might have overlooked. My original article  listed several shades that would look great on any brown skin beauty, this article will do the same, however here I wanted to shine a light on a few black owned makeup brands that may had the perfect brown for you! 

Coloured Raine, Truffle Raine (Online)

Sacha Cosmetics, Wicked ($12 Online)

Lip Fetish, Nude Tude ($18, Online)

The Willa Collection, Rum Cake ($15, Online)

Gold Label Cosmetics, Giving ($14, online)

HCXO!

Toni Miles is a Mass Media Major with aspirations of writing, producing her own documentaries, and directing short films in the future. 
Her Campus at Valdosta State.