This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

WARNING PICTURES CONTAIN EXPLICIT LANGUAGE

Amber Rose and Blac Chyna take one step forward for feminism. The pair is known to turn heads wherever they go, but at MTV’S VMA Show the duo sported rather surprising clothing.  The pair was spotted, along with two friends, wearing outfits that literally said everything people have said about them in the media and on social outlets. Like Rose’s misinformed ex, Kanye West, many people think there outfits were just cries for attention and “showed what they think about themselves,” but if you actually listen to these ladies you will understand the deeper meaning behind their clothes.

Many people may say their outfits were demeaning, but they were in fact a stand for feminism. Women are often talked about and demeaned for their sex drive, sexual past, and work in the sex industry. Many women of color also suffer sexism and stereotypes due to their bodies. Amber Rose and Blac Chyna are perfect examples of this. For both of these women to effortlessly spit in the face of societal norms is a beautiful stand for women and feminist everywhere.Rose and Chyna seized the power from the commentators and took matters into their own hands. Ever since they entered the industry they have been judged by their past. Outside of their respective fan bases they have been called all types of names and suffered pubic criticism. This fashion choice also furthers Amber Rose’s Slut Walk mission.

This isn’t the first time these ladies have made a statement through their clothing. Over the summer the duo donned matching outfits to the BET Awards in order to celebrate marriage equality in a major way. 

Amber Rose and Blac Chyna should be applauded for their bravery and feminism. Keep up the great work ladies!

HCXO

Toni Miles is a Mass Media Major with aspirations of writing, producing her own documentaries, and directing short films in the future. 
Her Campus at Valdosta State.