This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Her name is Grace. Haven’t heard of her? Well she’s on the come up and probably one of the only few people in this industry who can actually put out good music. Apparently she had dropped her EP, Memo, out last May. With songs and a voice like hers I’m surprised I haven’t discovered her sooner. Grace’s Memo features five songs that give sort of a Amy Winehouse jazzy throwback kinda vibe. Here is a track list review from yours truly!

1.      “Dirty Harry”

The album starts off with a jazzy R&B feel type to it. Listening to this song you can be reminded of Amy Winehouse just by the singing. The song kind of gives off a rebellion type of vibe with Grace out having fun and going against her mom’s rules about being a lady.

2.      “Feel Your Love”

Of course being in love isn’t perfect. There’s some ups and downs to it. In the song Grace sings, “We ain’t gotta talk about lovin’ no more/ Just let me feel your love.” Actions always speak louder than words.

3.      “You Don’t Own Me” featuring G-Eazy

Grace takes this 1963 hit song and remakes it with rapper G-Eazy. It gives off a jazzy R&B feeling during the verses but seems to switch back to the songs original roots during the chorus. Grace earns a lot of points from me just for doing that and extra set of points for adding G-Eazy!

4.      “The Honey”

This song is definitely a crush song. But for who? A bad boy? A stylish good looking bad boy? Or is it all combined together? Whoever he is he ain’t sweet but he might be “the honey” Grace needs.

5.      “Memo (Boyfriend Jeans)”

Listening to this song you think it was playing on an old record. This song is a post breakup heartbreak song with Grace reminiscing about her ex while she’s wearing her ex’s jeans knowing well that she should put them away and move on.

I'm Jessie Thomas, a junior in college. I'm a fun loving girl who loves music and fashion! Someday I hope to be successful in the entertainment industry.
Her Campus at Valdosta State.