8 Places in Valdosta that Offer Student Discounts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Your VSU 1Card can get you so many more places other than Chick-fil-A and Moe’s. In the real world, that card can be a golden ticket to discounts and freebies right here in Valdosta. I’ve come up with a list of places that you probably didn’t know offered student discounts. Check some of them and save some money! 

1. Chick-Fil-A 

1100 N Saint Augustine RdValdosta, GA(229) 247-2625

As if we don’t get enough of Chick-fil-A already by having two on campus, you can’t deny those waffle fries and that sweet lemonade! Plus, anything free from Chick-fil-A is never a bad idea! So every Monday, this delicious restaurant offers buy one get one free for VSU students! All you have to do is show your student I.D. You can’t beat that. 

2. Bojangles

1725 W Hill Ave.Valdosta, GA 31601(229) 242-4202

Another great chicken restaurant is Bojangles! Bring your college I.D. any Wednesday night and you can get one free combo meal with the purchase of another! Take a couple of friends and make it a date! 

3. The Mix

1803 Jerry Jones Dr.Valdosta, GA 31602(229) 506-5335

Frozen yogurt is good at any time of the year. The Mix is even in the best location in commute from VSU. Right off of Baytree and next to Valdosta’s own Slap Daddy’s. Show your student I.D. and get 10% off your purchase!

4. Sublime Salon

112 N Patterson St.Valdosta, GA 31601(229) 253-9566

One of the best in Valdosta, Sublime Salon is known for their great services and even better customer service. Located downtown, they offer everything from hair color/style, keratin treatments, all the way to body sugaring! They have some of the best reviews and even offer online booking. Come in with your student I.D. and get 10% off services!

5. Anytime Fitness

3143 N Ashley St.Valdosta, GA 31602(229) 247-9925

If you’re a workout fanatic, Anytime Fitness has everything you need at a low cost! They are equipped with some of the latest machines and have group fitness packages available. Only closed on Sunday’s, Anytime Fitness has a 24 hour gym and a special offer of 50% off enrollnment if you join on your first visit! If that isn’t good enough for you, go in any time with your student I.D. and receive 50% off your enrollment fee and 10% off your monthly rate! Deals like these is all the motivation you need to work out at Anytime Fitness. 

6. Baytree Pizza

607 Baytree Rd.Valdosta, GA 31602(229) 253-0634

Pizza! Pizza! Everybody loves pizza! Another restaurant with a great location, Baytree Pizza is not far from campus and right next door to Dorks Bookstore. Baytree Pizza offers more than just student discounts, but military as well!

7. Endless Summer Tanning

353 Northside Dr.Valdosta, Georgia(229) 245-8285

Need to get that perfect tan without hurting your pockets? Endless Summer Tanning invites VSU students to visit their business! You enroll in their offered memberships or purchase some of their lotions. Show your student I.D. and receive 10% off your service!

8. Zaxby’s

3250 Inner Perimeter Rd.Valdosta, GA 31602(229) 219-0402

Zaxby’s is life! Sometimes going can feel like an expensive trip, but thanks to being a student you’re able to save a little bit of money! Your student I.D. can get you 10% off your total!

This is just a little insight on the benefits of being a VSU Blazer! Even more places offer beneficial discounts for simply being enrolled in school (such as Long Nails and The Mill!). Being a college student has its perks, so never be afraid to ask a business, “Do you offer student discounts?” HCXO!

An interior design major at VSU, & a creative genius.
Her Campus at Valdosta State.