7 Things We Don’t Miss About High School

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

High school was definitely an experience; we found out who we were, realized who our friends were and learned a lot along the way. Sometimes we look back on the experience and miss it, but there’s some things we definitely don’t miss about high school.

1. Waking up early. Since being in college we try our hardest to avoid the dreaded 8 A.M. and 9 A.M. classes. Remember having to wake up at 7 or even 6 in the morning five days a week? Sounds impossible to do now!

2. Lockers. Lockers were convenient but not always reliable. At a point in time, your locker getting stuck was one of the most devestating things that could happen to you!

3. School lunch. School lunch definitely had a limited selection of food. We have way more options on campus as far as eating goes.

4. Dress code. During the spring and summer months, dress code was your worst enemy as well as uniforms (if your school required them). The “finger tip” or “4 inches above the knee” rules for skirts and shorts made back-to-school shopping very difficult.

5. Not being able to leave. We have all had a frustrating time where we really needed to go to the bathroom and were told no. Being able to leave class as soon as we are done with a test is also a perk in college!

6. A full school day. After being able to make our own schedules, I am sure that none of us want to go back to a time where we had classes all day back-to-back. Seven hours straight of school does not sound appealing!

7. Lack of variety of classes. We have a lot of interesting class options here at VSU. Even though there were a few interesting electives in high school, they definitely don’t compare to the options we have now!

Michaela Leung is the current Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Valdosta State. She is an honors student studying Mass Media and working on a Cross-Training Certificate in Journalism at Valdosta State University with aspirations to be a music journalist and a news anchor. This New York native enjoys fashion, all kinds of music, socializing, making people laugh and standing up for what is right. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter: michaelaskrunk
Her Campus at Valdosta State.