This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Fall is (finally) upon us. That means pumpkin spice, new boots, bonfires, and brand new shows! Here are seven new and returning TV shows for that perfect Fall night in!

1. Atlanta

This new original comedy stars Donald Glover (Childish Gambino) as Earn Marks, a Princeton dropout trying to find his way in Atlanta. The show follows Earn on his misadventures with his cousin, up-and-coming rapper Paperboi, and their friend Darius. everything from the struggles of youth, family, money, relationships, and social issues. You can watch the series trailer here. Catch Atlanta Tuesdays at 10 on FX. 

2. Pitch

Pitch focuses on the fictional Ginny Baker (played by Kylie Bunbury) who becomes the first woman to play in the MLB. The series is already being praised for providing a positive role model for young girls. Watch Ginny Baker dominate baseball, starting Thursday, September 22nd at 9 on FOX.

3. American Horror Story: My Roanoke Nightmare

American Horror Story fans rejoice; Season 6 is finally here! Following the hotel themed Season 5, the details of Season 6 were kept under very close wraps up until the season premiere this past week. To avoid spoiling the surprise, I won’t get into the details of episode 1, but we’re in for a very interesting season! You can watch American Horror Story: My Roanoke Nightmare Wednesday nights at 10 on FX. If you’re new to AHS, you can watch the first 5 seasons on Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Video. 

4. How to Get Away With Murder

Get ready Shonda-ites; our favorite scandalous lawyer and her squad return to ABC September 22nd! How to Get Away With Murder follows Annalise Keeting (played by Viola Davis), a no-nonsense defense attorney and her group of interns as they uncover cases and bury some secrets of their own. Season 3 of How to Get Away With Murder airs Thursday, September 22nd at 10! If you’re new to the show, you can catch the first two seasons on Netflix and Hulu. 

5. Quantico 

If I had to describe Quantico in two words, they would be “GIRL” and “POWER”. The show tells the story of FBI agent Alex Parrish (played by Priyanka Chopra), and her time training at the FBI Academy at Quantico. With a host of strong leading ladies (and a few cute boys too), Quantico is guaranteed to have you on the edge of your seat all season long. And if you’re anything like me, you’ll want to join the FBI by the time you finish the first episode. Quantico returns to ABC for a second season Sunday, September 25th at 10. In the meantime, you can catch season 1 on Netflix and Hulu!

6. Insecure

Back in 2012, it was hard to go anywhere on the internet without seeing something about The Misadventures of Awkward Black Girl. The popular web series launched the career of comedian, actress, and author Issa Rae. Now she’s back to give us even more awkward black girl magic in her new series Insecure. While you’re waiting for the new show, catch up on her web series at awkwardblackgirl.com, and watch the trailer for her new show hereInsecure premieres Sunday, October 9th at 10:30 on HBO!

7. Marvel’s Luke Cage 

Marvel has really been killing the Netflix series game lately. Shows like Daredevil and Jessica Jones have already flown and super-punched their way into our hearts, and now we’re making room for one more hero! Those who’ve seen Jessica Jones will remember Luke Cage as Jessica’s love interest and (sometimes) partner. Marvel’s Luke Cage tells the story of our favorite bulletproof superhero, as he encounters some brand new villains in Hell’s Kitchen. Marvel’s Luke Cage makes it’s way to Netflix September 30th! You can see the trailer here.

These are just a few of the shows coming to a TV near you this Fall! So grab your PSL, your oversized sweater, and remember to always binge watch responsibly! 

HCXO!

Preyah James

Valdosta '18

Preyah is a senior studying briology and journalism at Valdosta State University. Originally from Riverdale, GA, Preyah is president and Campus Correspondant for VSU's chapter of Her Campus. When she's not studying for a genetics test, Preyah loves to cook, read and watch Game of Thrones. Post-graduation, she plans to pursue a career in science writing and journalism, hoping to work for National Geographic. 
Her Campus at Valdosta State.