This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Although we’re only a month into winter, being that we are here in Valdosta, it’s going to be getting warm before we know it. Don’t let these few consecutive cold days fool you; warm temperatures are coming and when they arrive, they’ll be in full swing. Of course, the sweaters and long sleeve shirts you’ve been wearing the past couple months will probably leave you drenched in sweat and wanting to pass out. So, you may be wanting to transition your wardrobe for the spring soon. Not sure of what to wear? Well, here are a few super cute trends for the Spring! 

1. Pastels 

Spring is all about colors. The sun is always shining, the flowers start to bloom, the grass and trees becomes green again! I mean, there’s color just about everywhere and you don’t want just basic colors. No, no. You want pastels.

Pastels are a great way to have color without it being too vibrant and making it feel like you’re the bright yellow elephant in the room. Think about Easter: the soft purples, blues, and yellows. How simple and subtle it is, yet still really cute. Pants and capris that are pastel colors are also great finds for the spring. Save the brighter, more vibrant colors for the summer. 

2. Denim/Chambray 

You know what goes so well with pastel colors? Denim—especially those cute chambray shirts. The soft yet dark denim is a great contrast with pastel colors. Not to mention, it can be worn with almost anything whether it be a maxi skirt, a dress, shorts or pants. 

3. Floral

So maybe floral print seems a bit cliché for the spring, but the truth is that it’s a really nice trend. What better way to show your spring spirit than by wearing what the springtime is all about—flowers! Of course, you don’t have to overdo it. Floral print can sometimes be too much, especially if you’re someone like me and you don’t want to look like a walking garden. A really nice trend is jumbo floral print. It gives a really clean, crisp look. 

4. Stripes 

Stripes make a big, nice, bold statement. Besides, they go great on almost any article of clothing from dresses, to skirts, to tops! Darker colors such as navy and black are great to wear as stripes, especially since the color white complements them so well. Striped tops also go well with solid white pants, which are another spring must-have!

5. Chiffon

Chiffon is one of the absolute best materials for the spring. It’s lightweight, so if it happens to still be chilly on a windy spring day but too warm for a sweater, you can wear chiffon to provide shelter to your skin without it overheating you. The flowiness of the material just says “spring” too, doesn’t it?  

Her Campus at Valdosta State.