lucas ludwig aRk7FZie1T4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
lucas ludwig aRk7FZie1T4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Common Stages of a New Relationship

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

It’s a new year and maybe you were lucky enough to get a new boo. New relationships are fun. Your hormones are all over the place and you’re not sure if its love already or you’re just happy you’re no longer the single friend. There’s so much going on in your head, but don’t worry. We can all relate with these five common stages of a new relationship. 

1. Where have you been all my life?

Maybe it’s because you’re still in the honeymoon phase and the infactuation is still fresh, but either way you can’t believe you wasted your time with anyone else because he’s absolutely EVERYTHING!

2. Give me all of your attention

“Why hasn’t he text back yet? Is he alive? Maybe he’s letting me down gently.” Even just two minutes gone can be two minutes too long. 

3. Mine

Let’s face it, you were territorial with him way before it became official, now you just have title and you’re not afraid to let anyone know. 

4. You  need to know everything

At some point we’ve all channeled our inner private investigator. You know, just in case he forgets to tell you anything. 

5. Team Us

It’s not really official until you’ve picked up at least one habit. Whether its talking like him, listening to his favorite music, or even dressing alike. Most guys take this as a compliment. 

HCXO!

Her Campus at Valdosta State.