This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.
Thanksgiving break is approaching and we know what the second best part (first being the food) of Thanksgiving is…. SALES! Black Friday is every shopaholic’s favorite day of the year and it is a day filled with sales & CHAOS! If you’re a rookie to Black Friday, you should consider these 4 tips in order to prosper!

1. Do some retail research! Before Black Friday arrives, it is important that you know who’s having a sale and what items will be on sale! Consider what time each store opens and map out your shopping trip. Once you figure out what stores you want to hit, make a list of which store comes first, second, and so on!

2. Know what you’re shopping for! Stores will be extremely crowded, so it is important to know exactly what you want from each store, that way you can get in and get out! Check out the sales papers before you go to see if a store is offering something you like! 

3. Make sure you’re wearing warm, comfortable clothing! Long lines are inevitable during Black Friday. Some stores will even have you standing outside! Make sure you wear something warm so you won’t freeze and wear comfy shoes that you won’t mind standing in for long periods of time. 

4. Be patient and have fun with it! There are lots of crazy shoppers that will be shopping that day, so don’t let them ruin your shopping trip! If you don’t find what you’re looking for, it’s not the end of your shopping world! 

Black Friday is meant to be fun and to add some thrill to your shopping trip! Bring a friend or go with your family. You can even make it a competition; who can buy the most items and spend the least amount of money? 
HCxo!
My name is Sameena! I am a criminal justice major at Valdosta State University!
Her Campus at Valdosta State.