This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

We generally like to think of rainy days as a time to stay in bed, maybe do a little cleaning, or catch up on Netflix before falling asleep. However, mother nature doesn’t always act in our favor especially this time of year. April showers bring May flowers…..and bad hair days. There’s nothing worse than neglecting to check the weather the morning before a long day and stepping out your front door only to turn around and reconsider if it’s worth ruining a fresh blow-out. Just in case you are caught in between the rain drops this season, here are 4 rainy weather hair hacks to make life a little easier.   

1. Anti-frizz serum is your friend regardless of if it’s raining or not. It not only fights frizz for curly and straight hair, but its makes for a great moisturizer without weighing your hair down.

2. Blow dry your hair. Before using a blow drier, gently blot your hair versus wringing your hair. Blotting prevents ruffling the cuticles which creates frizz.

3. Sea salt spray is also your friend. Who wouldn’t want an effortless beachy look in rainy weather? This works best for women who choose to wear their natural texture.  Pinterest has tons of great DIY recipes so you can create your own at home.

4. Go with the flow. Sometimes you can’t fight mother nature so you have to join her. Nothing says “I tried, but not really” like the messy top knot. Except this time, try a sleeker root. The rain is going to hit it anyway. Mold your hair with a moose or serum before pulling your hair up. 

HCXO!

Her Campus at Valdosta State.