stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

4 Foods That You Can Make In Your Microwave

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Being a college student is tough, but being a college student without a kitchen is even harder. When you are forced to eat meals from the cafeteria or scarf down bowls of chicken flavored ramen every night, you often find yourself longing for a bite of “normal” food or something that reminds you of home. For the longest time, you may have thought that good eats were only for people with stoves and ovens (or money for takeout and restaurants every night), but you were wrong! There are plenty of recipes you can try right in your dorm, and all you need is a microwave and some microwave-safe utensils to mix and cook your food in. Here are four amazing recipes that only take a few minutes each to make.

1. Potato chips

Everyone loves potato chips! (Honestly, who doesn’t?!) And this recipe is an amazing way to get crispy chips in the microwave minus a bunch of oil, which cuts the fat almost in half. With just a drizzle of olive oil and a few pinches of salt, you can have amazing crispy chips in a matter of minutes. If you want something a tad bit healthier here’s a recipe for some delicious sweet potato and parsnip chips that can also be made in the microwave.

2. Brownies

When we think of things that can be made in the microwave, often dessert is the last thing people think of. This delectable sweet treat can be mixed together and ready to eat in a matter of seconds! Who doesn’t like dessert in a cup?

3. Salmon

Adding to the list of impossible foods to make in the microwave (or so we thought) is salmon and it’s not the kind out of the can! Here’s an easy way to make it in your dorm room in less than 7 minutes. (Note: a healthier alternative to the mayonnaise used in this recipe is Greek yogurt). Very easy and delicious!

4. Quiche

Want something fancy sounding for breakfast? How about some delicious breakfast quiche? This version is made with bread instead of pie crust and can literally be cooked in 1 minute.

These recipes are so simple and delicious, you won’t even believe they came out of the microwave. These are a just a few recipes that you can try. The sky’s the limit when it comes to what you can cook up in your room. If you’re looking for some more ideas, here are a few videos on how to make everything from turkey and feta meatloaf to French toast, all in your microwave!

Check out this video by Fit Men Cook:

And then, check out these mug recipes by POPSUGAR:

Hey lovelies! I am a junior Mass Media major at Valdosta State University. I love writing, fashion and hair, and dancing and singing in the mirror!
Her Campus at Valdosta State.