13 Different Places to Eat in Valdosta

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

It’s the weekend. You just got a little bit of extra cash and your tests and professors have worked you up an apetitie, but you’re tired of eating at the same old restaurants! Well don’t fret, I am here to deliver 13 places in Valdosta you need to try right now!

1. Bubba Jax Crab Shack

In the mood for crab legs? Head on over to Bubba Jax Crab Shack. Bubba Jax specializes in a variety of seafood, from po-boys to crawfish. This restaurant also offers great lunch deals! Don’t forget to ask for your student discount!

Location: 1700 West Hill AveHours: Monday – Thursday: 11:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.Friday – Saturday: 11:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.Sunday: 12:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.Average cost: $10

2. The Mill

As one of the newest additions to Valdosta, this little charm puts all other pizza buffets to shame. The Mill offers a $4.99 all-you-can-eat buffet for VSU students from 2-4pm. Inside, you can find vintage trinkets and paraphernalia from different decades. And eat great even late! The Mill stays open until 2:30 a.m. (making it the perfect place to head to after partyingoops, I mean studyingall night!).

Location: 1337 Baytree RdCall for hours: (229) 469-4369Average cost: $5 – $8

3. Michaels Deli and Seafood

Delivering a variety of food from subs to shrimp, Michael’s Deli and Seafood has been serving up family-friendly cooking in Valdosta for over 30 years. They even offer a vegetarian menu option!

Location: 1307 N Ashley St, Valdosta, GA 31601
Hours: Monday – Thursday: 10:30 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Friday: 10:30 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Saturday: 11:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.Sunday: 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Average cost: $12

4. Mongo The Mongolian Fire Pit

Mongo offers a DIY Mongolian grill experience. Customers simply grab a bowl and tray and fill up their bowls as much as they can (more bang for your buck!). Mongo offers the option of brown or white rice, has a wide range of vegetables and several types of meat. Don’t forget to try its special sauces! It’s similar to Hopper stir-fry, but 10 times better! Perfect for vegetarians!

Location: 2905 N. Ashley St.
Call for hours: (229) 242-4848
Average cost: $10

4. Mulligan’s

Mulligan’s is the perfect place to get your fix of hot wings, beer and music! It gives other wing spots in town a run for their money. Stop by during happy hour everyday from 4-7 p.m. for the two for one special where patrons can get 20 hot wings for only $8!

Location: 1919 Baytree Pl.Call for hours: (229) 247-2949Average cost: $4 – $12

6. The Egg & I

The Egg & I is the perfect place for a light brunch on a Sunday morning. Customers can create their own omelet or opt for pancakes!

Location: 2953 N Ashley St, Valdosta, GA 31602Hours: Monday – Friday: 6:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.Saturday – Sunday: 7:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.Average cost: $12

7. Thai Chang

This Thai restaurant is certainly one of Valdosta’s best kept secrets. Although it’s a little ways away, Thai Chang is definitely worth the drive! If you’re in the mood for authentic Thai food, Thai Chang has got you covered from pad panang to yellow curry chicken, shrimp, pork or steak.

Location: 5913 Bemiss RdHours:Monday – SaturdayLunch11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.Dinner5:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.Sunday ClosedAverage Cost: $10

8. Ole Times Country Buffet

Being away from home can leave one homesick and in desire of homestyle cooking. Ole Times Country Buffet offers everyone’s southern favorites from mac and cheese, to fried chicken, to corn bread and right down to the sweet tea! Be sure to save room for their peach cobbler!

Location: 1193 St Augustine RdHours: Monday – Thursday: 10:30 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.Friday – Saturday. 10:30 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.Sunday: 10:30 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.Average cost: $12

9. Smok’n Pig B-B-Q

With BBQ being the most popular cuisine in the South, it’s no wonder everyone heads over to Smok’n Pig for their famous ribs and pulled pork sandwiches! Don’t forget to add their special sauces to your meal for even extra flavor!

Location: 4228 N Valdosta Rd.Hours: Sunday – Thursday: 11:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.Friday – Saturday:11:00 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.Average cost: $15

10. La Jalisco Supermercado

You’ve probably seen the sign if you have driven on N Ashley Street, but only customers know how truly great this place is. This Mexican super market doubles as a Mexican restaurant. However, this is not your average “refried beans and queso dip” restaurantLa Jalisco Supermercado serves authentic Mexican dishes such as tortas and taco lenguas (and at a low price!). On Wednesdays,  stop by for its “all you can eat tacos”!

Location: 1300 N Ashley StCall for hours: (229) 219-8500Average Cost: $6 – $10

11.  Steel Magnolias

Located in the heart of Valdosta’s downtown square, Steel Magnolias serves classic southern dishes with an urban twist. Customers come from all over to enjoy their food made with fresh ingredients. But what makes this place even more unique is the roof-top seating where customers can enjoy a nice scenic view and warm weather.

Location: 132 N. Patterson St.Hours: Tuesday – Wednesday : 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.Thursday-Saturday: 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. and 5 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.Roof Top: Open Tuesday – Saturday nights at 5:00 p.m.Happy Hour: Tuesday – Friday 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.Average cost: $25

12. Passage 2 India

Foodies and thrill seekers alike know that Passage 2 India is where you go when you want to step outside the box. The resaurant offers traditional North Indian Cuisine, Halal dishes, even a buffet!

Location: 2910 N Ashley St.Hours: Monday – Sunday 11:00 a.m – 3:00 p.m. 5:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.Lunch Buffet: Monday – Sunday 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.Average cost: $10 – $20

13. Giulio’s

This restaurant serves more than merely being the pink building behind the UC. Giulio’s is a taste of Greece and Italy right here in Valdosta! Aside from their flavorful dishes such as lamb chops and spaghetti, customers can enjoy the romantic atmosphere and the friendly staff.

Location: 105 E Ann StHours: Tuesday – Saturday: 5:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.Average cost: $10 – $15

Farewell and good eats!

21 Mass Media Major at Valdosta State :)
Her Campus at Valdosta State.