10 Taylor Swift Songs That Will Get You Through Any Situation

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Sometimes when life gets you down, all you need is a good cry. It’s important to always face your situations instead of running from them, and what better way to do that than through relatable music. Although these songs will undoubtedly remind you of your unfortunate predicament, they may also provide you with clarity and allow you to realize that you’re not alone. It’s okay to feel the way you feel. Taylor’s been there. We all have.

Here are ten Taylor Swift songs that will get you through any situation, my fellow collegiettes. You will thank me later.

1. If being with a certain guy would mean taking a huge risk with your heart…listen to Treacherous.

Best lines: This slope is treacherous/ This path is reckless/ This slope is treacherous/ And I, I, I like it

2. If you realize your guy will never treat you the way you want to be treated…listen to White Horse.

Best lines: Maybe I was naïve/ Got lost in your eyes/ And never really had a chance/ My mistake, I didn’t know to be in love/ You had to fight to have the upper hand

3. If you love someone, but he loves someone else…listen to Teardrops On My Guitar.

Best lines: So I drive home alone/ As I turn out the light/ I’ll put his picture down/ And maybe get some sleep tonight

4. If you’re the butt of a nasty joke…listen to Mean.

Best lines: All you are is mean/ And a liar, and pathetic, and alone in life/ And mean, and mean, and mean/ But someday I’ll be living in a big ol’ city/ And all you’re ever gonna be is mean

5. If you made a recent choice you’re not too proud of…listen to Innocent.

Best lines: Every one of us has messed up too/ Minds change like the weather/ I hope you remember/ Today is never too late to be brand new

6. If you’re contemplating coming into contact with an ex or old fling and you know you shouldn’t…listen to I Almost Do.

Best lines: I bet you think I either moved on or hate you/ ‘Cause each time you reach out there’s no reply/ I bet it never occurred to you that I can’t say “Hello” to you/ And risk another goodbye

7. If you need that “push” to help you really get over your ex this time…listen to We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together.

Best lines: You go talk to your friends, talk to my friends, talk to me/ But we are never ever ever ever getting back together

8. If you and your boyfriend just broke up and he hasn’t tried to make things better…listen to If This Was A Movie.

Best lines: Come back, come back, come back to me like/ You could, you could, if you just said you’re sorry/ I know that we could work it out somehow/ But if this was a movie, you’d be here by now

9. If you’re still not sure what the heck you’re going to do with your life…listen to A Place In This World.

Best lines: I’m alone, on my own, and that’s all I know/ I’ll be strong, I’ll be wrong, oh but life goes on/ Oh, I’m just a girl, trying to find a place in this world

10. If your relationship is over for good this time…listen to Last Kiss.

Best lines: But now I’ll go sit on the floor wearing your clothes/ All that I know is I don’t know/ How to be something you’d miss

President/Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Valdosta State, and a Mass Media major. Loves spaghetti and is currently waiting for someone to teach her how to play her guitar. Never meets a stranger. Hi :)