Campus Profile: Catherine Wilson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWM chapter.

Meet this week’s Campus Profile, Catherine Wilson! Who is not only a member of the Panther Dance Team, but an active member of Milwaukee’s community as well.

CH: Hometown?

CW: McFarland, WI

CH: Year in school?

CW: I’m a Junior

CH: What’s your major?

CW: Occupational Studies Major with a Psychology Minor

CH: How old are you?

CW: I’m 21 years old

CH: How long have you been dancing for?

CW:12 years

What compelled you to want to be apart of the Panther Dance Team?

When I was a senior in high school I had older friends on the team who talked it up and said how enjoyable it was for them. I wanted to continue to dance beyond high school and have some of the same experiences they were having.

What is your favorite part about being on the team?

I like representing our school and being apart of a team atmosphere. I enjoy the girls that I dance with and getting to spend time with them. We work really hard and everyone is dedicated, which makes it that much better. 

What does the role of a PDT Member entail?

Our number one goal is to promote school spirit at UWM sporting events, pep rallies and other school sponsored activities. Other then that, we are team members, dancers and most importantly a family.

Tell me about your team’s recent accomplishments?

This year we are especially proud of our team because we made a goal towards our national competition and we not only reached that goal, but worked hard and took it a step further. We placed 6th in the nation in both of our routines at UDA Nationals in Orlando, FL.

Do you have any other responsibilities besides being a full time student?

I work part time at a company here in Milwaukee where I work as a behavioral technician using ABA therapy working one on one with autistic kiddos. Although the job is extremely challenging, it is also extremely rewarding. I love seeing the differences that my presence has made on thier lives.

Are you involved in any other organizations on campus or in Milwaukee?

Twice a week I go to Hartford University School and meet with my “little sis” making crafts and playing games. This organization is apart of Big Brother, Big Sister of Metro Milwaukee. It’s a great experience and I recommend anyone who can spare just an hour of their week to join. 

Cailynn is currently an undergraduate student studying Journalism, Advertising and Media Studies at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Her adventuring began at an early age in Madison, WI and hasn't slowed down since. Outside of HerCampus, she also writes for the The Daily Cardinal, The UWM Post and Media Milwaukee. When she doesn't have a computer in front of her you can find her with a chai in one hand, her phone in the other, spending time with the greatest humans on the planet and laughing at her own jokes.