This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWM chapter.

This a story about the one of a kind, Alyssa Thomas. She is a Senior at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee! She is originally from Green Bay, Wisconsin and grew up down the street from Lambeau field. In her free time (lol) she likes to write, travel, enjoy the beach, workout, and take some professional naps. When she doesn’t have any free time, which is often, you can find her at her marketing internship at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin or participating in one of the student orgs she is involved in.

If you had to choose between your dream job or dream man what would you choose? 

Dream job!!!! Even when I was a little girl I always dreamt of the amazing career I would have someday. A great guy would be awesome to celebrate that with, but honestly if I’m happy with my success and life, then that’s all that matters. (But, like, if Ryan Gosling knocked on my door I wouldn’t pass that up.)

What’s your favorite type of dog?

I love them all. Every single one. I used to have a cocker spaniel growing up, so they definitely have a soft spot in my heart.

You are about to senior in college, what’s are five of your favorite songs that would describe your college experience so far?

Oh, that’s a good question. I would have to say Dreams by Fleetwood Mac because to me it’s a song about strength and moving forward and “Free Fallin’” by John Mayer because that is what my grades are currently doing. Water under the bridge by Adele, Pretty Girl by Maggie Lindemann and Keep your head up by Ben Howard.

What has been your favorite memory in college so far?

I have had so many amazing memories so far! Personally, I think my best moment is yet to come. But so far, it definitely was the night of my 21st birthday and I walked in the Milwaukee Anthropologie fashion show and had a glass of champagne (or five) on the roof of the Journeyman hotel.

You are very involved in college what do you all do?

This past school year I was the Vice president of membership for UWM’s American Marketing Association, as well as the Public Relations manager for the UWM Love Your Melon crew and a writer for Her Campus. And I just was elected as the Vice Captain for the UWM Love Your Melon campus crew this year! On top of that I am a marketing intern for Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin.

What advice do you have for girls when they begin college? 

Leave your expectations in your hometown. You are given the most amazing opportunity in the world to build a platform for your future that is filled with endless possibilities. Only surround yourself with people and things that build you up and give you positive energy. Let yourself make mistakes. Get to know the person you’re becoming and make sure you like her.

Besides being awesome in school you also are a wonderful writer, who and what inspires you to write? 

Aw, that is so sweet! Thank you! And my writing inspiration stems from one of my high school teachers and one of my best friends, Ashley. Ever since we were little we created these little stories and we had big imaginations. In high school, I had a teacher that awarded me the “William Shakespeare Award” in one of her English classes. She told me that I had a gift and I should never give up so I try not to let her down!

What do you do to get the creative juices for your writing?

I tend to think of things that have happened in my life and try to find inspiration from that. Sometimes I’ll close my eyes and the first emotion or memory that pops up is something that I’ll base my writing off of.

What is your favorite piece of writing you have written? 

My favorite piece of writing that I’ve written might be the first article I’ve written for HerCampus “What if the grass isn’t always greener.” Otherwise, I know that my favorite piece has not been written yet. I need to foster the idea a little bit longer.

Follow Alyssa on her Instagram!

Hi I’m Jess and basically there’s always something up with me. I currently reside in a cozy apartment in the city called Milwaukee, Wisconsin; where I either spend most of my time making collage messes while binging a new show or taking a bubble bath while stuffing my face with food in one hand, and trying to read in the other. I’m a photographer, blogger and adventurer. I am inspired by my midwest roots and free spirited dreamer attitude that makes me who I am today. I like to live in these moments and create and live freely through this amazing thing called life. I’m driven to share and write about basically anything in my life because it’s truly remarkable how small the world actually is.