7 Reasons Why Hometown Friends Are The Best

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWM chapter.

1. They have been with you every step of the way

Most likely they have been by your side since high school, maybe even elementary school. They know your secrets. Your good habits and your bad habits, yet still don’t judge you. They witnessed your awkward stages and your bad breakups yet still love you anyways.

2. They are basically family

You’ve been apart of each others lives for so long that comfortable can’t even begin to describe your relationship. Your house is just as much their house because of the ridiculous amount of time you’ve spent together over the years.

3. They are not hesitant to tell you the truth

They are the first people to tell you to turn around and change your outfit or the first to tell you to stop talking to that guy who you seem to be way too head over heels for. They don’t do it to ruin your happiness, but simply because they know and want what is best for you.

4. You always pick up right where you left off, despite how long you’ve been apart.

Even if it has been weeks or months since you’ve seen each other last, as soon as you are back together everything is the way it has always been. It’s the easiest thing to pick right back up from where you left off.

5. They share your best and worst memories

It’s impossible to not walk down memory lane every time you are together. Your childhood is where you create some of your fondest memories so it’s even more fun to relive them with the people you created them with, some of which only you guys can laugh about.

6. They are the first people you run to during a tough time

They know more about you, then you probably do about yourself. Since college and adulthood can get stressful at times, it always helps to talk to your best friends who are probably going through the same thing. They are the best listeners and always know the right things to say.

7. You will never not be friends

You’ve shared such a strong bond for so long that despite what the future holds they will always have your back. You are your complete self and are comfortable, if not too comfortable with each other. There is no way that love and bond could ever disappear no matter how long you go without seeing each other or how far away you are.

Cailynn is currently an undergraduate student studying Journalism, Advertising and Media Studies at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Her adventuring began at an early age in Madison, WI and hasn't slowed down since. Outside of HerCampus, she also writes for the The Daily Cardinal, The UWM Post and Media Milwaukee. When she doesn't have a computer in front of her you can find her with a chai in one hand, her phone in the other, spending time with the greatest humans on the planet and laughing at her own jokes.
Tori is a senior at the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee where she is majoring in Marketing and Supply Chain Management with an minor in International Business. In her free time, Tori loves searching for the cheapest way to travel the world, drinking obscene amounts of coffee and read up on all the new fashion trends. Not to mention her love for Pinterest and attempting new DIY projects. Do you need travel inspo? Or maybe restaurant recommendations? Follow her on Instagram, @tori.sweeney !