Moggy Cat Rescue: All You Need to Know About Windsor’s Hidden Gem

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

Do you love cats? I really do, and nothing breaks my heart the way thinking of homeless cats in need does. That’s why I want to introduce you to Moggy Cat Rescue, an incredible rescue volunteer group located here in Windsor. Moggy Cat Rescue dedicates its time to rescuing strays and other cats in need of love, care, and veterinary services. At any given time during the year, they shelter and take special care of 40 cats, some of whom have tragic and heart breaking back stories and all of whom just need a loving fur-ever home. Moggy was founded in April 2013, and has since rescued over 400 cats.

The volunteers at Moggy pay out of their own pockets for all expenses, and rely heavily on community donations. Moggy is not a government sponsored service; it is completely local and community dependent!

Okay, so what’s so special about Moggy Cat Rescue? Lauren E. is the angel we’re here to talk about. Lauren is the founder of Moggy Cat Rescue and is also a big part of the team at Pet Support Windsor. She currently owns three Pet Valu locations here in Windsor, and recently, following the devastating hurricanes and flooding in Texas and many other states and Countries to the south, Moggy Cat Rescue teamed up with Pet Support and the Windsor Humane Society and brought back almost two dozen rescued cats and dogs. Many of the Texas rescue cats have been adopted already, and Moggy Cat Rescue is always quick to update their Facebook page with the joyful news of a new adoption.

Unlike any initiative I’ve come across, they are so warm and welcome to donors and have sent me many thank-you cards and pictures of cats I have sponsored. At Christmas time, they set up a fill-a-stocking for every cat they are sheltering. They also offer one of the best possible yoga classes in the city… Cats & Mats! Yes, you really get to do yoga with cats. In November this class will be held Wednesday nights, and all of the money for the classes go towards the care and keeping of their rescues. Also upcoming is their 3rd annual pasta benefit dinner on November 12th.

As a Windsorite and a lover of cats, it means a lot to me to see a local rescue group taking such good care of homeless cats in the city. If you’re a donating kind of person, keep these guys in your thoughts! Moggy Cat Rescue can be found on Facebook or on their website, so check them out and see for yourself how amazing these folks really are!

This article is written from my opinion and is not at all sponsored by Moggy or its affiliates, I just want to share some happiness in these dark times!

Information found at Moggy Cat Rescue on Facebook, moggyrescue.org and petsupport.ca.

Chey is a Psychology Student at the University of Windsor with a Minor in French Studies. She is a community volunteer and an Editor/Writer for the UWindsor HC branch. She hopes to inspire and support others and aspires to help the days become a little brighter for people finding themselves in the dark.