This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

Name: Kyndel Drouillard

Age: 21

Year: Fourth

Major: Drama and Arts Management

If you had to pick a different major what would it have been?

Probably English and creative writing, firstly because my high school English teacher suggested I go into English and secondly because I am currently in a creative writing class that I really enjoy and I’ve been told that I’m also a really good story teller.

What are your plans after you graduate?

I got accepted to a few different event management and public relations programs at different universities so I’m trying to decide what the best option is for next year.

What is your dream job?

To work for the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. I always wanted to win an academy award but since I’m not becoming an actor I figured the next best thing would be to work for them.

What do you do in your spare time?

I don’t have a lot of spare time lately, I’m a full time student, I work as a supervisor at a burrito place called Quesada and I’m also a TA for a class called Arts Management.

What other things were you involved in through university?

I was involved in a sorority, Phi Sigma Sigma, through this I was able to have a lot of opportunities especially with volunteering. One of my favourite things was volunteering at General Brock school, in the breakfast program, and I loved working with the kids in the school I also volunteered with the United way on various occasions. Through my sorority experience I also gained a lot of close friends and came across so many opportunities.

What was your favourite class in University?

This year, I got to be a part of the editing and publishing practicum class. In this class you work with a team to edit, design, and publish a real book. It’s really hands on and I got to work with a lot of different people. If anyone gets a chance to take the class I would suggest  to do so as it was an amazing experience. We’re also having a book launch on April 6th at Caboto club at 6pm for the books that we worked on for the past year.

What are your top three dream vacations?

1. Mediterranean cruise, Greece , Spain, Italy, etc. 2. Thailand 3. North Carolina, I’d love to go to the town of Wilmington because that’s where One Tree Hill was filmed.

Do you have any regrets in life  and if you could go back and change one thing what would it be?

I wouldn’t say that I have any regrets, I know that’s really cliché.I think there was a lot of relationships with friends and even family members that I wish I could change the outcome of how they ended, but at the same time, everything happens for a reason so maybe why I stopped talking or broke it off with certain people is for the better.  

Who would you consider a role model to you and why?

My mom, I know everyone says this, but growing up it was always me and my mom. She got really sick three years ago and I was always with my mom and helping her. A year after that I got sick. We were both diagnosed with depression and anxiety and she then took care of me. She’s more like a best friend and a sister and I know that I can tell her anything. People say how much we look alike and act alike. She’s the best person in my entire world. If I could have half the amount of strength that she has, I think I would be a better person.  

Hi everyone, my name is Sadie and I am a third year student studying Sociology. My hobbies include reading, writing, horseback riding, and eating sushi with friends.
Alanna Keren

UWindsor '20

Alanna is currently a 1st year student at the University of Windsor pursuing a degree in Education. She graduated from the University of WIndsor with double major in English and French in 2018. She was Co-CC/Editior in Chief of HCUWindsor from 2015-2018 and is now the Tresaurer and Guidance Counsellor. She is a figure skater and loves to get in some extra ice time in her free time. Her favourite animal is a polar bear and her favourite colour is purple. She love sparkles. Her clothing style is girly and kind of dressy. Sparkly make-up and big earrings are a big part of her look. When she is not doing homework, working at her job at Tootsies Shoe Store, coaching figure skating, or writing for Her Campus, she likes decorating cakes and cupcakes and hanging out with friends.