A Letter for My Best Friend Since Childhood

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

From the day we began kindergarten to our high school graduation, you’ve always been by my side. From the moment we met at the bottom of the slide on our first day of school, I knew we were destined to be best friends.

Most of my childhood memories are with you. We played the same sports in grade school, and had the same hobbies. We would always find a way to hang out as much as possible. If we weren’t hanging out, you could find us on our house phones talking away for hours.

The older we got, the more we became different people. Our interests changed, our styles evolved, and we both chose completely different high schools. Even throughout the changes life brought to each of us, we are still the best of friends.

My favourite part about having you in my life for so many years is that I never need to explain something to you. You know everything that has happened in my life and I know everything that has happened in yours. We have watched each other grow and battle different challenges. Whenever I mention a topic, you know exactly what I’m talking about.

I love how we never need reassurance of our friendship. We may not constantly talk, but I know you’re always my #1.

I’m your biggest fan, and I know you’re mine too. We love to see each other succeed, but we’re still there as a shoulder to cry on when something fails. The beauty of our friendship is that I’m never scared to tell you how I’m feeling.

Although our lives have carried us in two separate paths, I know you’re just a phone call away. And of course, it’ll always be that way. I can’t wait to continue to watch each other at every stage of life.

You are my best friend, but you are also in many ways my soul mate. Thank you for being there through it all, because I wouldn’t want anyone else to cry, laugh, and celebrate with.

Amy N

UWindsor '21

Amy is a University of Windsor alumni. She loves to read, write, dance, eat chocolate, and organize anything she can get her hands on. Being bilingual, she developed a love for languages at a very young age.