This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

How to Beat Stress

When that time hits in the school year where it feels like all of your deadlines are here at once, stressing yourself out is the worst thing you can do. Here are some tips to help you manage your stress level when this time of year hits you.

1. Take some time for yourself.

It may feel as if you don’t have time to do anything but study, however, taking personal time to do whatever you like is a must. Whether it is playing a sport, shopping, or reading, doing something that makes you happy will help you focus and will drop your stress level.

2. Surround yourself with positive people.

You will feel much better about your heavy workload when you have positive and upbeat friends around to study with. In contrast, make sure you don’t have negative people around you when you’re studying. There is nothing worse than someone else bringing down your mood and stressing you out when you have a lot to

3. Eat healthy.

By eating three good meals including fruit and vegetables each day, you’ll feel better, and you’ll be able to focus much better than you would if you were eating unhealthy food.

4. Get enough sleep.

Don’t stay up late cramming for exams; it will not help you out in the long run if you’re staying up late. The best way to be stress-free is to get at least 8 hours of sleep each night. Doing so will also ensure that you are more alert and focused when you write your exam!

5. Warm baths

After a long day, wash your stress down the drain. Soaking in the bath while listening to music is one of the most relaxing things you can do.

6. Meditating or Doing Yoga

It doesn’t work for everyone but meditating or doing yoga at least once a week can help you relax and be ready to handle it when stress is thrown your way. 

Hi everyone, my name is Sadie and I am a third year student studying Sociology. My hobbies include reading, writing, horseback riding, and eating sushi with friends.
Lucy Hopkins is pursuing a career in public relations whilst studying Communications at McMaster University.