Getting Real About Love

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

Love: an incredible, yet crazy thing. You never really know what to expect when you’re in love because it comes with many highs and many lows. More often than not though, the lows are never mentioned. Not in love stories, not by your friends… no one talks about it. We’re about to get real about love here.

Love is amazing. Nothing will ever change that. The way you feel, the things you are able to do, and the person you surround yourself with are all incredible things. Love is truly incredible.

Despite how incredible it is though, there are always problems in relationships. Whether big or small, they are bound to happen. Arguments are never pretty, but you just have to stick through the tough times if you really want your love to continue to grow. Don’t shy away from arguments; they are essential for a healthy relationship to develop. Although, if there are too many arguments happening, you might want to ask yourself whether the relationship is worth it.

You really can’t help the way you feel when you’re in love. The emotions range from happy to sad, from calm to angry, and from silly to serious in a split second. Don’t worry, that’s a real thing that comes along with being in love.

Other people’s opinions aren’t always welcome. Every situation is unique; therefore, it is quite difficult for someone to tell you what is right and wrong. Often, love isn’t a right-or-wrong type of situation. Your gut feeling is usually the best choice.

Love is weird and crazy, yet you wouldn’t trade it in the world for anything. It’s a crazy thing to explain, isn’t it?

Amy N

UWindsor '21

Amy is a University of Windsor alumni. She loves to read, write, dance, eat chocolate, and organize anything she can get her hands on. Being bilingual, she developed a love for languages at a very young age.