This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWG chapter.

Winter is in full swing, and literally all we wanna do is curl in a blanket and not go to class. While I don’t recommend skipping class, I do recommend that you read these 5 winter essentials that may just save your life (refer to hand sanitizer tip).

Photo by Charisse Kenion on Unsplash

Chapstick: okay, so this is a necessity year-round, but you might need to pick a more protective chapstick for the winter months, as those are the months were our skin needs especially good care and protection from the cold.

Cute cardigan: these are perfect to throw over any outfit: whether you’re heading to class, sporting a t-shirt and leggings, or you’re going out for a night on the town. Not only will you look super cute, but you’ll also be super comfy.

Photo by Thought Catalog on Unsplash

A good book: I know, I know. There’s school, and homework and organizations, etc. How would you even have time to read a good book? Make time! Instead of scrolling through Instagram for an hour, maybe cut the time down to 30 minutes and use the other 30 minutes to listen to a chill playlist and read a good book.

Hand Sanitizer: it’s flu season, and I know you don’t wanna catch it. So use hand sanitizer (or even better, wash your hands) every few minutes. 

“Ancient” hobbies: remember when we used to play board games (and no, the board game apps don’t count!)? Well, why not bring em’ back out?? Gather some friends or family and spend the evening playing a fun game of Monopoly or Scrabble. They’re such a fun time pastime, and who knows, they might come in a handy if a winter storm knocks all the power out, and Netflix is not an option.

Photo by Brigitte Tohm on Unsplash

Stay warm this winter!!!

Featured Photo by Karen Cantú Q on Unsplash

Itunu is a senior at the University of West Georgia. She is a Mass Communications major with a concentration on journalism, and a Creative Writing minor. In other words, she loves to write. She also loves Jesus, and enjoys food, Instagram, shoes and Pinterest. Itunu loves learning new things and hopes to become a fashion journalist one day. In her free time, she likes spending time with her friends and family, watching YouTube videos (or Netflix), and sleeping.